Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I agree. This is probably my favourite rivalry. They have played almost as many times as Novak and Rafa and they always deliver high quality and thrilling matches.

Federer's take on this rivalry.

“I must say I've enjoyed the matches against him,” said Federer of his rivalry with Djokovic. “We didn't come through the rankings together, so I was established while he was coming up. I think it was totally different for both of us. We saw each other in a different light than we see each other today when we're both ranked high, we both achieved a lot. Things have clearly changed over time. But ever since he's won Grand Slams and became World No. 1, it's been a cool rivalry, in my opinion.”

“Well, we both like to be close to the baseline,” assessed Federer. “We both like to take charge, especially on quicker courts. He has a wonderful way of either redirecting or taking the ball early, taking pace from the opponent and even generating some of his own.

“I think that's what makes him so hard to play. There's not really a safe place you can play into. Novak can hurt you down the line or cross-court on both sides. He's really improved now through the years. I've seen him come through the (Emirates ATP Rankings). His forehand, his serve, his movement clearly is what stands out the most at this moment now. He's really been able to improve that and make it rock solid."

“I think for me it's really important to stay aggressive against him, and especially here at Wimbledon it's simpler how we need to play against each other,” added Federer. “It's not like on a slow court where you can maybe maneuver the other guy around so much. I think on grass it's a bit more straightforward and we're both aware of that.”

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Wish we had more slam finals between them, it's a shame they were always drawn into each other in the SF when they were doing consistently well in the slams.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I agree. This is probably my favourite rivalry. They have played almost as many times as Novak and Rafa and they always deliver high quality and thrilling matches.

Federer's take on this rivalry.
Meh. This is only their second GS final. Not enough to be one of the greatest, even if they face each other 10 more times (outside of GS finals).

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
When he says "cool" does he mean cold, or cool like the cool from Happy Days when the Fonz says it. Most likely he means "amazing"

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Wise words from Olderer, giving credit to the opponent on a match which has not begun yet and has the potential as going down as the greatest grass GS final ever

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Federer and Djokovic seem to get along better now than before. Must be that Djokovic is more mature now and also becoming father, they have something common now.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Federer and Djokovic seem to get along better now than before. Must be that Djokovic is more mature now and also becoming father, they have something common now.
I think mostly now Federer values Djokovic as a true adversary and an equal. Let's say Roger has really high standards and only since Nole started winning slams and being n1 he really respected him and even fear him.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Federer valued (and feared) Djoker since day 1 after the latter dismantled him in Montreal along with Roddick and Nadal. After that, Fedmouth tried to sabotage the careers of Nole and Murray (another player who posed a threat to him). Fed betrayed them as rookies, when they most needed his support and encouragement. To this day he disparages Nadal in the media. Who cares if this man's had a change of heart now? If Nole has any common sense he'll value Federer's words as less than nothing and plug his ears when the witch speaks.

Second, who actually takes what the pros say at face value anyway?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
“I must say I've enjoyed the matches against him,” said Federer of his rivalry with Djokovic. “

:bs: No player’s been more bitter than Fed after losing to Nole. Maybe he meant to say: “enjoyed the matches when I won.” :lol:

“We saw each other in a different light than we see each other today”

:bs: You saw him as a vulnerable rookie, who’s mind you tried to sabotage. He had no reason to hate you, and probably looked up to you. Take full responsibility for the “cool” relationship.

“When we're both ranked high, we both achieved a lot. Things have clearly changed over time. But ever since he's won Grand Slams and became World No. 1, it's been a cool rivalry, in my opinion.”

:rolleyes: Only winners deserve Fed’s respect.

“He has a wonderful way of either redirecting or taking the ball early, taking pace from the opponent and even generating some of his own.”

:bs: Wonderful? Why didn’t you say that at the USO after he beat you silly man? Too late now.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
In which I dominate says he.
:lol: Pretty much. We know what he says about Nadal. Lets wait for him to sound off about Murphy who has his number as well. Will Nole still be a cool-boy when he turns the H2H around as well? Oh Feddy, how uncool you are, let me count the ways...

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Fed was cold as ice when he took Djoker's bench. :cool: :sport:

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Yea its his favorite because he has an edge in h2h looool

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
A lot of these comments in here are fabrication. This is easily my favourite rivalry in tennis. Two players who go for their shots, & on a quick surface like Wimbledon it will be entertaining for sure.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

·
Unregistered User
9,588 Posts
Mrs Oracle jizzing in her hater's pants in a thread about something Federer said. Expected :lol:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts