Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why their is so much hoopla about him winning wimbledon. He has no forehand.. and ultimately is going to have to go against murray or djoker who are very good defenders who will not be beaten without a kill shot.. im not even sure fed gets past bedych and these days u hold ur breathe even when he plays people like bautisa agut... and then he loses a tiebreak against sam groth... thats exactly where the matches will go if fed is lucky against murray or nole and if he ain't winning them against groth.. he ain't winning against no body..

Im all for federer's beautiful tennis.. but that is all it is now... i hate seeing allt his 8th wimbledon crap... he had a shot last year.. and then another shot when he got to the 5th set against djoker who was mentally crappy in the last few slams.. and blew it.. .

aint gonna happen now... just enjoy the game for its beauty but nothing should be hoped or expected.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
You forgot to add this to the thread title: "Mark my words"

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
So? Who cares. I wouldn't expect a 34 year Fed to win any slam. If he does great. If he doesn't ... no big deal. Beating Murray on grass is not that hard. But last year's loss to Nole pretty much confirms Roger will struggle to win this year. The thing is though, if Murray wins the semi, he will probably win the whole thing.

·
Registered
17,775 Posts
Why not just bump one of the "Fed is done" threads from last year, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, or 2008? :shrug:

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
No one knows whether Berdych will beat Simon who could wear you down by returning so many balls back. Murray still need to win his matches to get to SF. I do not see anyone is in Final yet. Everyone is talking for Murray like he plays the best tennis of all time but only Kukushkin gave him a fight. It was the same at AO where everyone was talking how aggressive Murray is but i do not see nothing like that . He defends very well and like Djokovic but Novak beat him every time the last two years. Interesting for me is that Murray does not talk for Federer at all but he knows he beat Federer at OG only because Fed was tired after his SF with Del Potro. British pundits expect Berdych and Fed to have a tough match but they forgot that Simon can tire Berdych as well and Berdych is not at 25 anymore as well. So let's wait and see what will happen.Troiski plays very well and he is still there and IMO he is much better than all players who Murray played by now.

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
The thing about Fed is that he's done winning slams until he wins his next slam. The stretch from AO14 to RG15 was so brutal in terms of luck, but he definitely should have won a slam in that stretch, if not 2. He just keeps drawing on fire opponents and eventual winners, it's so brutal.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
This. He is not winning any more slams. Stopped at 2012.
I have one reservation about that. Let's say Federer does turn it on one more time. And get by Berdych and Murray. And Djokovic gets blasted off the court again by the WRINKANATOR. How can anyone be sure he won't bend over for Federer so he can have the record with 8 WIMBLEDONS.

What I'm saying here is if Novaks in the final it should be slam number 9 for him. But if it's Wawrinka. I just don't know.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
The thing about Fed is that he's done winning slams until he wins his next slam. The stretch from AO14 to RG15 was so brutal in terms of luck, but he definitely should have won a slam in that stretch, if not 2. He just keeps drawing on fire opponents and eventual winners, it's so brutal.
Well genius you could say that about anyone. Nadal should have won AO 2012 and 2014. But he was playing on fire opponents.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have one reservation about that. Let's say Federer does turn it on one more time. And get by Berdych and Murray. And Djokovic gets blasted off the court again by the WRINKANATOR. How can anyone be sure he won't bend over for Federer so he can have the record with 8 WIMBLEDONS.

What I'm saying here is if Novaks in the final it should be slam number 9 for him. But if it's Wawrinka. I just don't know.
Berdych is 1-9 against top 10 opponents so if Fed can't beat him he doesn't deserve anything.

But Novak actually played very well in last year's final. I doubt he repeats that performance although he could help himself by avoiding a similar 4th set lapse.

Fed on the other hand was serving well, but his baseline game was worse than this year.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Berdych is 1-9 against top 10 opponents so if Fed can't beat him he doesn't deserve anything.

But Novak actually played very well in last year's final. I doubt he repeats that performance although he could help himself by avoiding a similar 4th set lapse.

Fed on the other hand was serving well, but his baseline game was worse than this year.
Yes but what I'm talking about here is Novak even making the final. If he does he has enough to win it. He is serving great. Looks comfortable round the court. And for me the only question mark is can he get by Wawrinka? If he does its slam number 9.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Hope enough mugs play at 250% so that he stays s1AMLe$$ from now on.

Also, in on FedvsNole jinx thread.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yes but what I'm talking about here is Novak even making the final. If he does he has enough to win it. He is serving great. Looks comfortable round the court. And for me the only question mark is can he get by Wawrinka? If he does its slam number 9.
My opinion is that precision beats ball bashing on grass. If they meet I think Novak wins fairly easily. It will be easy for him to dictate when the ball isn't sitting up for Stan to crack.

The only guy I could see winning besides Novak/Murray/Fed is Cilic if he finds his top form again.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
My opinion is that precision beats ball bashing on grass. If they meet I think Novak wins fairly easily. It will be easy for him to dictate when the ball isn't sitting up for Stan to crack.

The only guy I could see winning besides Novak/Murray/Fed is Cilic if he finds his top form again.
I would rather Novak makes the final. CILIC I can see handing it to Fed or Murray. He took five sets to get past someone can't even remember their name. He is a liability.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
Of course he is.
He is 34 FFS.

Him still ranked at #2 is a nice bonus. To expect Federer to win slam at 34 is not reasonable. Nadal at 34 will be ranked outside 100.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would rather Novak makes the final. CILIC I can see handing it to Fed or Murray. He took five sets to get past someone can't even remember their name. He is a liability.
Didn't he take 5 sets to beat Simon at USO before cruising the last few rounds?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
You forgot to add this to the thread title: "Mark my words"
Jinx level: Master.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts