Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts?

Personally don't see him having a chance in hell vs US Open 2010 Rafa - Nadal against Fed is already a bad match up for Fed, add free points for Rafa on serve and his chances become non-existent.

As for US Open 2011 Nadal's serve was very breakable but then again Fed never takes his breakpoints, unlike Djokovic who does - I certainly wouldn't be confident for Fed.

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/scambers73/status/177649639464501248

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Don't look back Rogi. Never look back!
it's not about looking back : it's about having the necessary hope to move and work in life.

About the topic I don't know, but once again these players are not supposed to be analysts, they are supposed to make their best tennis, and for that they need hope, and that's very fine :yeah:

Once again Federer is not a MTF member like you and doesn't go into MTF bullshitting debates : he's a tennis player ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
If Rog says oh well even if i had got through i would have lost, he may as well hang up his racquet.
Rog is just saying he has the fight. This is part of his sports psychology.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Against Rafa? Is Fed getting Alzheimer's in his old age?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Coulda, shoulda, woulda. This is a facepalm worthy comment and I say that as a Federer fan.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
He might have won a set in 2011, that's it.

Nadal would've annihilated him in 2010

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Good luck in 2012, Rogie! ;)

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
2010 would have been an easy win for Rafa for sure. 2011 and I would still think Rafa would have won, just this time in 4 sets.

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
Not saying Fed would have won any of these possible matches but Nadal's 2010 USO form was hugely overrated . Can't believe I have been reading such amount of shits for few years already . He had WTA draw till the finals and then needed 4 sets to beat semi walking pre-peak Nole . Really kind of draw to judge someone's form . MTF shitty as always

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Its against Nadal.
Feds is delusional.
Well, better delusional than give up :shrug:
Though I would like to see that more ON COURT Roger ;)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
These courts are both fast and low bouncing, more so than Wimbledon. Nadal was playing like a real fastcourt tennis player in 2010 but Federer would have to mess up compöetely to lose in 2011, would he play llike in the Yec he should destroy Nadal.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
He is joking right? Only thing that would change is that he would get more points to ranking and Rafa would have 1 more slam if 2011 was that F betwen them.

2010- there is not much to say, Rafa playing good HC tennis and serving better than ever, Roger wouldn´t beat him
2011- Rafa looked worse, but still was solid enough, lost only 1 set to Murray in his route to F, also USO 2011 was slowest ever, so i predict that match could been similar to AO 2012, 3-1 for Rafa.

He really thinks he can beat either super serving NAdal 2010 or on that slow USO 2011?

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Nadal had the biggest joke DRAW known to man in 2010 and the courts were still fast ( love how people overrate Nadal's serve and HC form then). Roger would have put up a hell of a better fight then exhausted Nole 1.0 did.

2011 clay edition it was actually the best that could happen that Nole won the semi. Fed should never have lost the final vs Delpo though that was the epic Fail.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
We will never know about Mr. Federer's chances that year, or the year after, but I think his statement is a fair enough conjecture, considering his overall record at the US Open. Still, he had match points in both semis, especially 2011 on his serve, and lost, so he missed the opportunity to find out how he would have done, and does become a coulda, woulda, shoulda speculation.

Mr. Nadal's did get an easy draw in 2010, but his performance in the 2010 US Open Final was definitely good enough to beat Mr. Djokovic.
It was a very mysterious enhanced performance from him, especially regarding his service.
His 1st service speed in the 2010 Final AVERAGED a near miraculous 126 mph, which is 19 mph higher than his average 1st service speed in the 2011 Final.
He's come nowhere close to that speed since. Why?

Respectfully,
masterclass

1 - 20 of 249 Posts