Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is it time to accept that Djokovic is the GOAT?

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its finally time to stop fooling ourselves, people

For years, I refused to see the facts. I remember the early days, when Djokovic was Federers pigeon. Never in a million years would I have thought that the Serb would even be a small threat to Federer. When the whole Pepe Imaz desaster was unfolding, my arrogance reached new heights and i thought he was done.

Yet, here we are. Djokovic came back. Oh, and how he came back. And now he is stacking up Slam after Slam, playing superb on every surface. He has gained complete ownage over Federer and Nadal, destroying them again and again. He is mentally far superior to both of them, and he wants to shatter their records with an unstoppable determination.

Nothing will stop Djokovic. 20 Slams? Please. He should aim for 25. Maybe he even can fucking win it all this year. Nothing seems impossible.

Its time to surrender. Only injury can stop Djokovic, but its not going to happen. 2021 will be the year where he will own the Slam record, and there is just nothing to be done about it.

Needless to say, Federer not being able to claim GOAT status will leave me dead inside. But at least it will drag all the Nadal tards into the abyss, too. Imagine working so hard to match Federers Slam record, just to be eaten alive by the Serbian bending monster. That peak Schadenfreude is the only thing that keeps me going.

And don't even fucking start with the whole "Jinx thread" bullshit routine. I'm dead serious here. Its over. I somehow feel oddly calm, now the truth is finally out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wait for Nole to get 19 first. Then the party will really start, and you will need to pucker your lips to kiss his Serbian ass.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
No way, man.

Novak is hugely impressive and has had a glittering career.

But he turns 33 this year and there are no guarantees from here. He's filled his boots these past few years, and his main rival off clay has been a 36/37/38 year old Federer. And he's still 3 slams behind Fed in the slam count.

Plus, he's achieved his success playing a brand of tennis that has failed to excite the wider tennis public.

So no: Respect for Novak, but just because he's top dog now doesn't mean he will be in a year's time. Everything will look different then.

In a few months, he reaches the age that Federer was when they met in their first Wimbledon final. Let's see if Novak's skillset is the match of Federer's, allowing him to achieve excellence once physical decline really sets in.

But most of all, it's time for Fed fans to stop being so fucking flaky. Fed's the biggest genius that's ever played tennis, the one who's defined this whole era. Don't forget it.

·
|
15,009 Posts
There never was a GOAT, and there never will be.
Actually the only clear-cut GOAT ever is Rafa on clay.
There has never been a GOAT overall, or on any other surface.
Time to stop wasting time making threads on the fictional subject of GOAT - a status that doesn't exist.

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
Rogie has always been the 3rd most talented. So hopefully the slam results will reflect this in the end.
If RAFA's healthy, Rogie will probably already be 3rd by the end of next year.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
A) The OP has seen the light?
or
B) The OP is jinxing Novak?

·
Banned
9 Posts
As of now Nadal is GOAT. He dominates Djokovic in every statistic that counts. Majors won Masters 1000 has Olympic Gold superior h2h at the Majors . It is why Federer himself says Nadal will be GOAT and never mentions Djokovic.

Djokovic may surpass Nadal but it seems unlikely as Nadal always wins FO and USO. Nadal is injury prone so the likely scenrario is Nadal gets injured allowing Djokovic to get past him and Federer.

As of today Djokovic is still third

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Rogie has always been the 3rd most talented. So hopefully the slam results will reflect this in the end.
If RAFA's healthy, Rogie will probably already be 3rd by the end of next year.
3rd most talented? Less talented than moonballer and wallovic? The fuck you smoking?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
3rd most talented? Less talented than moonballer and wallovic? The fuck you smoking?
I guess Fed's backhand error-botting for over a decade must be a characteristic of the greatest talent ever.

Reactions: stranglerssqueeze

·
Registered
273 Posts
Djokovic Is not the GOAT, not yet. But by the end of 2020 he could be well positioned to claim this title.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Djokovic can never be GOAT, as there can be no GOAT. It's the biggest sham in tennis right now. But I suggest the OP quit watching tennis when Rafa ties and then breaks Federer's slam record.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Djokovic can never be GOAT, as there can be no GOAT. It's the biggest sham in tennis right now. But I suggest the OP quit watching tennis when Rafa ties and then breaks Federer's slam record.
Finally some sense around here. As Rod Laver said, there is no GOAT, only greatest of their generation.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I guess Fed's backhand error-botting for over a decade must be a characteristic of the greatest talent ever.
The shots he pulls off are superior to Dull’s moon balls and Djokovic’s wall-like game. I’ll give those 2 their deserved credit for the passing shots they pull off but they don’t match Federer in shot making abilities anywhere else.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Nothing will stop Djokovic. 20 Slams? Please. He should aim for 25. Maybe he even can fucking win it all this year. Nothing seems impossible.

Its time to surrender. Only injury can stop Djokovic, but its not going to happen. 2021 will be the year where he will own the Slam record, and there is just nothing to be done about it.
Mods, can you trace the IP of this imposter?

Or perhaps I am worrying too much, it might all be harmless. Swiss_tennisgod might just have had another bottle of vodka (drowning his sorrows due to recent events) while someone has logged in to his account for a brief moment.

But in the worst-case scenario, though, he is held hostage by followers of Pepe Imaz, who has converted him to the one true faith, using brainwashing techniques of the highest sophistication.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The shots he pulls off are superior to Dull’s moon balls and Djokovic’s wall-like game. I’ll give those 2 their deserved credit for the passing shots they pull off but they don’t match Federer in shot making abilities anywhere else.
you know tho both nole and rafa are vastly superior at the return of serve?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
What "superior shotmaking"? Overrated fh and bh error-botting? Bad risky tactics? It's interesting that while Fed's fh is overrated, Djokovic's fh and Nadal's bh are vastly underrated. Reality is that both Djokovic and Nadal are objectively better and more complete and well rounded from the baseline than Fed and they can also pull off spectacular shots from both wings.

·
justice for all
15,238 Posts
You need more vodka, OP.
But after all - it’s no big deal. There are far more important things in life than 3 narcistic machos chasing records related to hitting a yellow ball.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts