Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Amazing match from both. Santoro continually attacked the net, served really well and pushed Fed. Fed hit 73 winners in only 36 games and a TB which is incredible considering how windy it was. . The crowd was loving that match. Reminds me of Fed's match against Suzuki in the 2nd round of the AO. Player attacks every chance he gets and we get to see winners all over the place. Fed's FH was really on tonight.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Re: Fed defeats Santoro 7-5, 7-5, 7-6

Great match for Santoro. :worship:

of course, playing the big games well, Mr. Federer. :worship:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Re: Fed defeats Santoro 7-5, 7-5, 7-6

Santoro only had 15UE and the great between the legs shot

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
:woohoo: Great match, Roger and Fabs thanks for the exhibition of talent and shotmaking. Standing ovation from the crowd, lots of waves, they had a blast. Santoro is just amazing :worship:

Anyone see when Fed and Santoro changed sides during the TB, they stopped and yapped and laughed. That was very nice to see.

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
I wish I could of seen this match, but I had to do other things. Tons of winners, and net play, and a great deal of shotmaking, I hear. I'm going to have to get this match on DVD.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone see when Fed and Santoro changed sides during the TB, they stopped and yapepd and laughed. That was very nice to see.
Yeah, Fed hit an incredible BH pass off of the return and they just laughed. They did the same thing in last year's Open.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I could of seen this match, but I had to do other things. Tons of winners, and net play, and a great deal of shotmaking, I hear. I'm going to have to get this match on DVD.
The crowd was great too. Packed crowd, really cheering for Federer's brillance and Santoro's craftiness and guts.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'm really happy right now, that I decided to stay up for this match and I'm far to excited to go to sleep now... ;)

great match and great show from both :yeah:

·
Banned
873 Posts
Hail Hail Roger
what a genius

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Santoro wasn't playing to win but just to have fun. The first game after a good shot, he was already smiling away at his camp, as if he was pleased at having done well. He was definitely the star of the match today, even though he has lost.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The winners/UE ration gets a bit skewed since simple mistakes made on passing shots don't count as UE's when the other player is charging the net. In any case, Fed was hitting winners right and left in every game. Great to see after seeing really mediocre tennis earlier.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
That was one of the most enjoyable matches I've seen in a long time..........

Congrats Roger and Santoro :lol:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
Reminds me of Fed's match against Suzuki in the 2nd round of the AO. Player attacks every chance he gets and we get to see winners all over the place. Fed's FH was really on tonight.
I thought the exact same thing. It does remind me of the Suzuki match in AO.

Very entertaining and almost every point was fun :lol:

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
federer is very overrated, 5-1 40-15 and letting santoro to 5-5
he may be the best availible -just for now- in a lack of good opposition, but he will never be a great like sampras, becker, lendl or agassi for me.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
The crowd was so into this match. Moreso than any other match I've seen this week. I suppose being that it's Friday has something to do with it. But the fans got their money's worth tonight.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
Amazing match from both. Santoro continually attacked the net, served really well and pushed Fed. Fed hit 73 winners in only 36 games and a TB which is incredible considering how windy it was. . The crowd was loving that match. Reminds me of Fed's match against Suzuki in the 2nd round of the AO. Player attacks every chance he gets and we get to see winners all over the place. Fed's FH was really on tonight.
yeah actually I watch the Suzuki match yesterday again and this match reminded me alot of the AO one - great stuff :)
Santoro with his 32y is surely fast :eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, this was truly enjoyable from start to finish. It's 5.44 AM here but I don't regret staying up in the slightest. Santoro showed us such consistent finesse, gotta applaud the effort.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
mickymouse said:
Santoro wasn't playing to win but just to have fun. The first game after a good shot, he was already smiling away at his camp, as if he was pleased at having done well. He was definitely the star of the match today, even though he has lost.

Agree, and I think that just made the match more fun. Even Roger had to laugh..................... Santoro made Friday Night at the US Open truly enjoyable.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts