Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger Federer says that losing a two-set lead to Lleyton Hewitt in the 2003 Davis Cup semifinals in Melbourne was worse than his recent defeat at the U.S. Open, when Novak Djokovic also came back from two sets down to win. "I still believe it was one of my toughest losses I ever had as a player," Federer told reporters. "People might think Djokovic was rough, but for me that was nothing compared to the Lleyton loss back in '03 just because I felt I should have won so bad." Hewitt and Federer will face off in Davis Cup in Sydney on Friday.

Either Fed just simply REFUSES to want to give Nole any credit, because of the HMF, or is trying to play that pathetic choking off as much as possible so people forget it.. Or he simply just doesn't care about losing anymore.

Typical arrogant douchery FedMUG not wanting to give Credit to the opponent. :zzz:

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, how dare Federer be more personally affected by a loss that occurred early on in his career when he was desperate to prove himself.
Come on Rog. that was one of the biggest classic chokes in history. 5-3, 40-15 lead and a 2 set lead on top of that? I understand the need to forget about and erase it from history like a hemorrhoid operation Its obvious Fed despises nole and REFUSES to give him any bit of credit but damn.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Sure. Federer is mostly recognized as a Davis Cup giant:rolleyes:

Reactions: MTwEeZi

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Hewitt was owning Fed in those times, so its pretty understandable that loss hurt him a lot, especially Fed was slamless then and figured as a huge underachiever and unfilled talent.
Federer lost to Djokovic as a complete player, with all time gs record.
But apparently some Noletards need to flatter their ego.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Come on Rog. that was one of the biggest classic chokes in history. 5-3, 40-15 lead and a 2 set lead on top of that? I understand the need to forget about and erase it from history like a hemorrhoid operation Its obvious Fed despises nole and REFUSES to give him any bit of credit but damn.
Federer was 2 sets and a break up and two points away from victory in the Hewitt encounter. Besides which who cares which was the bigger lead? We're talking about which loss was more painful.

And what does Federer saying how he felt after each loss have anything to do with giving Djokovic credit?

·
Registered
807 Posts
there's a video around I think that shows that Roger broke down in tears after that DC loss, so it's pretty obvious how much that one hurt... and as someone else already mentioned, that was very early on in his carrer and I think he never beat Lleyton before...

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im sickened more over the fact, Nole gets NO credit for coming back and playing clutch in clutch situations.

The day Nole gets the respect he deserves from this guy, is the day life on earth may end

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think this has more to do with aknowledging Hewitt while licking the aussies' asses endearing himself to the Australian media in view of the Davis Cup matches than with Djokovic :)

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Seems obvious the Hewitt loss hurt more.

-Playing in a Davis Cup SF when you haven't achieved much, letting an entire country down, when 2-0 up in sets
-losing in a tournament that you've already won 5 times and when you've already won just about everything there is to win.

·
Registered
339 Posts
No matter what Federer says, you will always look for something to pick on...

What does it all have to do with giving credit to the opponent anyway? Doesn't he actually give credit to Djokovic by saying that the Djokovic loss was not worse because Djokovic was better than Hewitt and it hurts more to lose against a worse player?

And probably those who complain that Federer rarely plays Davis Cup criticize him now for taking Davis Cup defeats seriously :eek:

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
It's good to know that MTF experts know what Federer is feeling better than Federer himself.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.