Mens Tennis Forums banner

1121 - 1140 of 1147 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected." - Nicholas Sparks

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"Whoever it is in your life—if someone presents such a cancerous environment, it just keeps hurting you and even if they are doing it inadvertently and they just don't know better, you should just not have that person in your life. And it's okay, that's not a hateful situation, you just go your own way." - Kelly Clarkson

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"Time is a cruel thief to rob us of our former selves. We lose as much to life as we do to death." - Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
^^^:lol:

"I grew up weird - very sensitive and highly inhibited. I felt like I was born in the wrong time zone to the wrong people at the wrong place." - Marla Gibbs

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you." – Friedrich Nietzsche

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes." - Voltaire

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
“On the crossroads of future most good friends lose themselves to an eternity of regrets. Most of us lose connections unknowingly thinking that it is only natural until we realize the deceit in our understanding and end up craving for something we put to rest a long time ago. Thus begins a morbid curiosity within our conscience.” - Adhish Mazumder

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
“One night, he posed the question: Does your husband mind that you are chatting with me? New York Times Magazine, LIVES” - Lisa K Friedman

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
^^^:lol:

“Do people always fall in love with things they can't have?' 'Always,' Carol said, smiling, too.” - Patricia Highsmith, The Price of Salt

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
"To be happy we need to forget about achieving, and instead focus on the journey. . . . I know from experience how easy it is to think thoughts like, 'If I could just earn more money…' or 'If I could just live in that city…' or 'If I could just get into that school… THEN I could be happy.' But when we think things like that, we’re almost always wrong about what will make us happier. Instead of wishing you were somewhere else, enjoy where you are. Right now."

— Christine Carter

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
“nothing grieves more deeply or pathetically than one half of a great love that isn’t meant to be.” - Gregory David Roberts, Shantaram

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"As long as you lack something you yearn for it without cease. if only I could have that one thing, you tell yourself, all my problems would be solved. But once you get it, once the object of your desires is thrust into your hands, it begins to lose its charm. Other wants assert themselves, other desires make themselves felt, and bit by bit you discover that you're right back where you started." - Paul Auster, Mr. Vertigo

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
"I wasn't much of a petty thief. I wanted the whole world or nothing." - Charles Bukowski, Post Office

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
“I think perhaps I will always hold a candle for you – even until it burns my hand. And when the light has long since gone …. I will be there in the darkness holding what remains, quite simply because I cannot let go.” - Ranata Suzuki

1121 - 1140 of 1147 Posts