Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as the 2002 US Open is coming up, I though it would be nice to reflect on the high points and favourite mems from Last Year's Open.

Ok I will start with mine:

1. Agassi Vs Sampras-4th Round: To me this is one of the greatest matches I have ever seen. Rarely in a match do you get 4 sets of total pure quality and this is what I think we got. To go through 4 Tie-Break Sets like that was amazing and the rallies were awesome. It was kinda a shame that Agassi faltered in the 4th set tie-break but regardless how often do you see a US Open Crowd giving a standing ovation at the end of a third set of tennis! Two legends at their best and you could see how much it meant to Sampras at the end of his match.

2.Roddick Vs Hewitt-Quarter Final: This match was just as exciting as the 1st that I picked. The battle of the new balls There were some classic winners and points from both with both putting their bodies on the line(Roddick more so :eek:) To win. Again the crowd atmosphere was great. It had everything including controversy at the end. (Though it was the right result! ;))

3. Kuerten Vs Mirnyi-1st Round: I don't really watch that many of Guga's matches but this was a real spectacle his fight back from 2 sets to love down from being totally down and out in the match was fantastic. And I was pleased that the crowd got to see Guga at his best as he is not that weel known in america. I think in that match the american crowd gained a whole heap of respect for Guga. though I had to feel for Mirnyi coz really he should've won. But to see Guga's mum jumping out of her seat at every point was a picture :)

All of these matches were night matches so IMO the night matches seem to have a better atmosphere in General and the crowd get into it more.

And there is also a small detail of Hewitt winning that pleased me but I won't rub it in ;)

So those were my fave moments of last year , what are yours?

:wavey:

·
27,371 Posts
so then is my fave momemt allowed to be Lleyton and Kim's kiss or does it have to be something else? Cuz I also really liked the final and his quarter final match with Andy :)

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but maybe a bit more tennis related next time..........;) I didn't write that long reply for nothing!! :p

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Cilla I agree with all your highlights. Also Rafter/Sampras Round of 16's was very high quality as well :D

Angele...I loved their kiss as well. I wonder what they got up to after it :drool: ;) Probably even naughtier than what they did in the Big Brother house. Lol :D

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:eek: :eek: @ Jenn well looks like u r already delivering with your promise to spice things up around here your BB Tales are rubbing off! Oh yeah I forgot Rafter vs Sampras but that would go below my 3 main choices

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I was quite keen on Roddicks meltdown.

That was the true highlight for me.

Okay, so I didn't really get to see the US open, because I didnt' have a TV in res yet, but hey - it sounded funny

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rebecca said:
I was quite keen on Roddicks meltdown.

That was the true highlight for me.

Okay, so I didn't really get to see the US open, because I didnt' have a TV in res yet, but hey - it sounded funny
I thought that might be a fave of yours;) Meltdown of epic proportions just about covers it! :eek:

Lol @ Jenn :p

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
I remember the kiss between Lleyton and Kim :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Roddick losing.

No offense to his fans.

But was it necessary to have his matches on Center Court every night? What did he do to deserve it?

I hope Lleyton beats him again. Or one of the Thomas Swedes. They are my favs. :)

:cool:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Guga vs Mirnyi was the best match in my opinion.
Agassi vs Sampras comes right after.
Sampras vs Rafter then.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Andy vs Lleyton match
Guga vs Mirnyi match
Agassi vs Sampras match

·
Registered
77 Posts
None... my poor Agassi lost in 4 painful tiebreaks... :sad:

Then poor Andy got a bad call from the chair... :sad:

lol, but I must admit I enjoyed Andre's and Andy's matches... they were fabulous... :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts