Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me I guess it was when he beat Moya in Monte Carlo - sadly Moya was injured and wasn't able to move around as well, but this was Ferrero's first good tournament after coming back from his injury.

So for that reason, and the fact it was his biggest title all year, it was my favourite moment :)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
From the other thread ;)

Favorite match of the year: Roland Garros quarterfinal against Agassi. It was his surface, it was his tournament, and he showed that he could beat The Ultimate Prick who had to resort to juvenile tactics to take his set.

A close second: TMS Cincinnati QF vs Wayne Arthurs, which showcased all of my favorite shots, the passing shots :drool: It was also a nailbiter, with two breaks of serve being the seperation between Mr. All Serve No Shots and Ferrero. Juanqui also showed that his game has evolved and improved, and went on to win his second hard court title later in the year :)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He and Moya also must have played a great match in Hong Kong, but I didn't get to see it.

Their Masters Cup Semi was also wonderful :)

LIke I said in that other thread - him and Moya really play great matches usually - for some reason or another Moya has a tough time beating him - maybe that's another reason I'm so fond of his matches with him? ;)

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Hmmm well I loved Federer v Hewitt Miami.He didnt put a foot wrong :D it was awesome.One of my favourite moments was when Rogi won his first tournament,Vienna, since Peter Cater died and when he dedicated his win to him when he cried,it was heart-warming :)

Also gotta love the Monte Carlo final :) It was just great :D Leo,I also loved the Haas-Federer match!;)lol

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Ferrero cruising past Safin to reach his first ever Grand Slam final was prolly the best moment of 2002 for me. i was sooooo happy. :D

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Oh, even though I haven't seen it yet, another great match was that of Juan Carlos & Jarkko at TMS Madrid. It went the full three and both played spectacular tennis :) I really hope Jarkko can capitalize on his awesome play from this year and keep improving!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
When he beat everyone in Monte Carlo
When he did great in Roland Garros until...
When he came to TO and scared everyone
When he won Salem
When he proved he was the best Spaniard in Madrid.
When he got to the Masters Cup final and almost beat Hewitt in 5 tight sets (one of the best matches of the year from JC, IMO. it would of been special if he won...)
...and he proved once again that he is the best Spanish player in the world. and right now he deserves to be #3

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Guga vs Coria Brasil Open.
That final was unbelievable! And a perfect end! ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh of course - there are tons of threads about lots of stuff, so talk away ;)

We're all happy to hear it I'm sure.

It's my favourite topic personally ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
My fave topic is also Juan:drool: I just wanted to say my fave JC match of this year was when he beat Agassi at RG but the Agassi match in Shanghai comes a very close second:D

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Hi Alixia :wavey:

Welcome :) I know what you mean about exams :( :rolleyes: Im going to have to start revising soon.........................but please drop by :)

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
That's easy. :) Both matches where he defeated Agassi. :D Followed by the two finals where he beat Moya, both in Monte Carlo and in Hong Kong. As for moments, I will go with Leo, not just because it was such an easy victory but because it meant he made the final of RG for the first time in his life. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts