Mens Tennis Forums banner

461 - 480 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Thoughts on the new Oranssi Pazuzu?
It's their most ambitious and consistent release for sure. The stand out pieces for me are "Uusi teknokratia" and "Oikeamielisten sali". I need a few more listens to let it sink in though.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Heathen put out a new album after 10 years for those liking the techical thrash , not so technical here , Im afraid

But they are great , not as much in this song , still very good

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
From my teenage years

What do you think on Luca Turilli most recent yearsmy fellow metal friend? To me through his own Rhapsody not only has he outdone himself and the other, in astonishing and beautiful fashion but became a true italian master of art in metal and music in general for Italy . Plain and simple, after almost 30 years of career. Not many can say that !. From his cinematic bombastic symphonic neoclassical metal that includes tarantella, opera, even pop, techno and other, his music oozed pure Italian mastercraft and originality. All right you get he's one of my metal heroes haha

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What do you think on Luca Turilli most recent yearsmy fellow metal friend? To me through his own Rhapsody not only has he outdone himself and the other, in astonishing and beautiful fashion but became a true italian master of art in metal and music in general for Italy . Plain and simple, after almost 30 years of career. Not many can say that !. From his cinematic bombastic symphonic neoclassical metal that includes tarantella, opera, even pop, techno and other, his music oozed pure Italian mastercraft and originality. All right you get he's one of my metal heroes haha
I really like his first solo album (on par with the first three Rhapsody albums IMO), and did listen quite a few times his second back in the day. To be honest I'm pretty lost about his most recent years. I did listen the first one of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody but not enough to give me a lasting impression (I remember liking it better than the first Rhapsody album without Turilli). Which album would you recommend the most?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I really like his first solo album (on par with the first three Rhapsody albums IMO), and did listen quite a few times his second back in the day. To be honest I'm pretty lost about his most recent years. I did listen the first one of Luca Turilli's Rhapsody but not enough to give me a lasting impression (I remember liking it better than the first Rhapsody album without Turilli). Which album would you recommend the most?
Ascending to Infinity and Prometheus are masterful works from Luca . The metal archives reviews agrees haha. All love and respect which was unusual for "pompous fantasy" power metal. I loved the operatic approach here , it's just art, sincerly the best made ever for me in that regard (yeah take that nighwish). I wholeheartedly recommend them. The last release with Fabio is too but just not as much, impressive work too with a different subject such as math and science mix stuff . But Those two I say are quality records which gained him the respect as a modern neo classical composer Imo (unfortunately) many lack for any Rhapsody and mostly Luca .

here are the reviews , very interesting read:

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Ascending to Infinity - Reviews - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ascending to Infinity and Prometheus are masterful works from Luca . The metal archives reviews agrees haha. All love and respect which was unusual for "pompous fantasy" power metal. I loved the operatic approach here , it's just art, sincerly the best made ever for me in that regard (yeah take that nighwish). I wholeheartedly recommend them. The last release with Fabio is too but just not as much, impressive work too with a different subject such as math and science mix stuff . But Those two I say are quality records which gained him the respect as a modern neo classical composer Imo (unfortunately) many lack for any Rhapsody and mostly Luca .

here are the reviews , very interesting read:

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Ascending to Infinity - Reviews - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives
Cool, I'll check those records.

Any thoughts on Rhapsody without Turilli?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Same as you Ill have to check them out ! Always was more a Turilli fan , sticked by him , but surely I ll give them a listen and post here

461 - 480 of 480 Posts