Mens Tennis Forums banner

441 - 460 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Hey @yellow grass nice avy dude :cool: let's keep rocking this thread , more metal is the only answer to Corona and lockdown . Beer comes far second IMO

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hey @hammett exactly my thoughts. Cheers (Beer comes a slightly closer second for me haha)

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Love this band. Super underrated

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

Reactions: yellow grass

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Hey @yellow grass , I have thousands of albums on my PC , and Im so consumed by metal since a kid I like every form of it ! Genre or styles , by the hundreds. I used to collect the Cds, go to Chile and get the original imported ones a long time ago .
What's your fave ?? (Genre , style in particular countries, etc ) I can't decide on mine . I switch from one to other from time to time , with no particular . It's hard. If I have to lean on somrthing , it may be old school form of any power , thrash , speed , black, death , nwobhm , but that's as far I can choose, I like progressive , technical, melodic, doom, stoner, epic, folk, viking, symphonic, neoclassical, crossover, punk, hardcore , psychodelic, etc versions of them too, even a caveman blasting a can with a stick and wanna call it metal , I'm there .

Right now I'm into old school 80s heavy speed / power from Germany in the likes of Running Wild , Grave Digger , Tyrant , etc of course early Guardian and Helloween too

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hey @yellow grass , I have thousands of albums on my PC , and Im so consumed by metal since a kid I like every form of it ! Genre or styles , by the hundreds. I used to collect the Cds, go to Chile and get the original imported ones a long time ago .
What's your fave ?? (Genre , style in particular countries, etc ) I can't decide on mine . I switch from one to other from time to time , with no particular . It's hard. If I have to lean on somrthing , it may be old school form of any power , thrash , speed , black, death , nwobhm , but that's as far I can choose, I like progressive , technical, melodic, doom, stoner, epic, folk, viking, symphonic, neoclassical, crossover, punk, hardcore , psychodelic, etc versions of them too, even a caveman blasting a can with a stick and wanna call it metal , I'm there .
Hey @hammett, nice to see your post. Early on I was definitely into European power metal and I still like the major bands of the style (Helloween, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Edguy, some Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Kamelot, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some) and also progressive metal (Dream Theater and Symphony X, still love them). Nowadays I listen a little bit of everything, except perhaps Grindcore. Also, like 70% of my music consumption is not metal these days (when I was a teenager it was 70% metal, 15% Pink Floyd and 15% Progressive/Classical Rock). I tend to like bands rather than styles for the most part. All styles have really great bands, but also a lot of crappy ones.

Right now I'm into old school 80s heavy speed / power from Germany in the likes of Running Wild , Grave Digger , Tyrant , etc of course early Guardian and Helloween too
I like all those bands, although I have heard only two or three albums from Running Wild and I don't know Tyrant (care to recommend an album?). Rheingold from Grave Digger is truly great. Also I'm one of the few weirdos that prefer Helloween with Deris (The Dark Ride is my favorite Helloween album and I consider it is in my top 3 metal albums ever for sure).

Do you play this forum's Best Song Game?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Speaking of Dream Theater, I've always liked this album

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Hey @hammett, nice to see your post. Early on I was definitely into European power metal and I still like the major bands of the style (Helloween, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Edguy, some Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Kamelot, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some) and also progressive metal (Dream Theater and Symphony X, still love them). Nowadays I listen a little bit of everything, except perhaps Grindcore. Also, like 70% of my music consumption is not metal these days (when I was a teenager it was 70% metal, 15% Pink Floyd and 15% Progressive/Classical Rock). I tend to like bands rather than styles for the most part. All styles have really great bands, but also a lot of crappy ones.
yeah , you and I have the same roots I'm believe, entering to metal which must be end of the 90s. If I'm right. They were the ones bringing metal back to life around that time (from mid 90s), when metal had fallen off a cliff (maybe not black metal) and was BS and Nu metal was just started. The Germans stood up, Guardian and Gamma (the power gods) in particular led the way for so many , like Helloween come back with Better Than Raw! . Obviously Stratovarius (Visions may be my first metal record I owned not named classics like Iron Maiden ) and I remember it was quite a success here.

May be missing the great Iron Savior , also Angel Dust (amzing power metal comeback too) . A particular fave of mine : Rhapsody.

I like all those bands, although I have heard only two or three albums from Running Wild and I don't know Tyrant (care to recommend an album?). Rheingold from Grave Digger is truly great. Also I'm one of the few weirdos that prefer Helloween with Deris (The Dark Ride is my favorite Helloween album and I consider it is in my top 3 metal albums ever for sure).
Tyrant put out 4 great (IMO) heavy speed albums in old school german veign in the 80s before dissapearing in 89'. Raw, Speedy , Powery , Rocanrollish , Dirty, Catchy and Headbaging non stop . Coincidentally, I just found out they have re activated the band this year after 31 years.

Here are the first two of their releases in 84' and 85'. Its a bit rustic , old fashioned but I love it .

Do you play this forum's Best Song Game?
No , I 'll find out what is it about though hehe

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Something more appealing , definitely , one of the best euro power / speed metal of the 80's . Just behind helloween, guardian . Also from Germany

·
Registered
3,136 Posts

🙌 💪

The whole album :

Masterpiece just like the one posted above

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
yeah , you and I have the same roots I'm believe, entering to metal which must be end of the 90s. If I'm right. They were the ones bringing metal back to life around that time (from mid 90s), when metal had fallen off a cliff (maybe not black metal) and was BS and Nu metal was just started. The Germans stood up, Guardian and Gamma (the power gods) in particular led the way for so many , like Helloween come back with Better Than Raw! . Obviously Stratovarius (Visions may be my first metal record I owned not named classics like Iron Maiden ) and I remember it was quite a success here.
You're right, that's basically how I started.

May be missing the great Iron Savior , also Angel Dust (amzing power metal comeback too) . A particular fave of mine : Rhapsody.
Didn't like Iron Savior much when I tried getting into them. I love Rhapsody too, and Bleed from Angel Dust is one of my personal faves.

Tyrant put out 4 great (IMO) heavy speed albums in old school german veign in the 80s before dissapearing in 89'. Raw, Speedy , Powery , Rocanrollish , Dirty, Catchy and Headbaging non stop . Coincidentally, I just found out they have re activated the band this year after 31 years.

Here are the first two of their releases in 84' and 85'. Its a bit rustic , old fashioned but I love it .
Thanks, I'll check them out.

No , I 'll find out what is it about though hehe
It's a game in which people send a song according to a particular topic, and then the participants vote for the best songs. I'm pretty sure the topic next time won't appeal to you (Love songs) but some editions are pretty interesting. I'll tag you in the game just in case you're interested.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

Reactions: Ilkae
441 - 460 of 509 Posts