Mens Tennis Forums banner

421 - 440 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The best heavy metal duo of all time

Young Yngwie Malmsteen and Graham Bonnet together in the same band,
Alcatrazz circa 1983-1984

Yngwie at his peak untouchable, the biggest prodigy of heavymetal/rock guitar, only michael schenker in his UFO early days(1974-1977) is comparable.

Yngwie was only 20 in the video..

And what about Bonnet? after Rainbow and Michael Schenker group he tried with alcatrazz.. at this peak one of the best voices of Metal ever, right up there in the mount rushmore with Dio, Rob Halford and Bruce dickinson in My humble opinion.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
The best heavy metal duo of all time

Young Yngwie Malmsteen and Graham Bonnet together in the same band,
Alcatrazz circa 1983-1984

Yngwie at his peak untouchable, the biggest prodigy of heavymetal/rock guitar, only michael schenker in his UFO early days(1974-1977) is comparable.

Yngwie was only 20 in the video..

And what about Bonnet? after Rainbow and Michael Schenker group he tried with alcatrazz.. at this peak one of the best voices of Metal ever, right up there in the mount rushmore with Dio, Rob Halford and Bruce dickinson in My humble opinion.

Great stuff definitely but Uli Jon Roth is way up there and Yngwie took a lot from him directly. And I'd also put Blackmore with Rainbow in there as well, again the other source for Malmsteen. And nothing tops Blackmore and Dio for this music (Uli with Klaus Meine is up there too).

Other guitarists I like in the metal idiom include Vinnie Moore, Chris Poland, Michael Schenker, Greg Howe, Fred Akesson, Fred Thordendal, Per Nilsson, Emil Werstler, Michael Romeo, Vai, John Norum, Gary Moore...

Bonnett is also great and deserves a spot on top like pretty much all the vocalists who worked with Blackmore who was amazing in this regard.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Great stuff definitely but Uli Jon Roth is way up there and Yngwie took a lot from him directly. And I'd also put Blackmore with Rainbow in there as well, again the other source for Malmsteen. And nothing tops Blackmore and Dio for this music (Uli with Klaus Meine is up there too).

Other guitarists I like in the metal idiom include Vinnie Moore, Chris Poland, Michael Schenker, Greg Howe, Fred Akesson, Fred Thordendal, Per Nilsson, Emil Werstler, Michael Romeo, Vai, John Norum, Gary Moore...

Bonnett is also great and deserves a spot on top like pretty much all the vocalists who worked with Blackmore who was amazing in this regard.
Bonett was also working with Chris impellitteri, another good guitarrist, although dont bring me at the same emotional state of peak malmsteen, Schenker or uli jon roth.

Another great guitarrist I used to like back in the day is tony macalpine, he used to be touring with Steve Vai later in his career, in my opinion early macalpine was more original in composing than vai ever was.

Another underrated metal band of the 80's

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
What a masterpiece of art the new album from Crown The Empire is!

Reactions: yellow grass

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I welcome my self to such a glorious thread , long live metal !

I rate the top talents to come out of Switzerland if I may. Very Particular ones in this small country.

A classic list,

5) Samael . Picked it up in 1991 right where Coroner left off till 1996 nothing but brillance . Have you even listened to this one ?

4) Wawrinka . Nuff said . His talent surpasses Samael just by a nail.

3) Hellhammer / Celtic Frost . Shortlived dominance . Talent off the chart shown during 1983 - 1986. Threw some unbearable stinkers after and dissapeared until 00s. But Their influence is just too damn much/massive . They could have been the one though

2) Coroner . Also shortlived (picked up where Celtic left, 1986 - 1991) C'mon these guys are pure talent , Coroner is like the Fed of thrash . In style and flair. They are a tie ideally . Amazingly they are back and luckily may be they come here to Argentina .

1) Federer . Edges here cause the greatness to sustain and still going strong

Whats yours?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts

421 - 440 of 509 Posts