• Becker v Curren (1985)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rafter v Sampras (2000)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
The problem with such polls is that a lot depends on age. Some fans won't have seen many of the matches, and also the sport changes with each era. Watching Connors/Ashe today on the BBC is like watching an old movie. I can appreciate it because of my age(!:eek:) but for some it will be:sleep:.

·
Registered
17,914 Posts
Federer 40-15, then losing in deciding set TB all the way.

Though Borg-McE '81 or Fedal '08 were also epic.

·
Premium Member
11,518 Posts
2017 Wimbledon Final 😂😂
2012 Wimbledon Final- Murray Post match speech

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Ivanicevic Rafter , hands down . The end of an era , the underdog/ cinderella story , my beginnings watching tennis (a little before that, I played as a kid ), the definite moment of getting inlove , the drama , the uncertainty , the bold display , the style , the elegance , everything about it

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There are some pretty dreadful choices here...
Out of these my favorite is 2019, but there were better ones(I think the 2014 final was better) between federer and djokovic alone, the 2007 final was great too(not to mention the 2008 final). Other than the great occasion, there is no reason the 2013 wimbeldon final should be here, it was not a tight match nor had a good quality.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
2019 Wimbledon is the best not because Novak played great (he didn't) but because it was the most important match ever and the way it all happened.

·
9,541 Posts
Would like to pick Murray v djok but id be lying.....

Would like to pick roddick v fed but that was robbery....

The winner is 2008

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
2009 one that sticks in my mind. Roddick played his heart out and got close to winning as he had 15-30 I think twice on Fed's serve in that long final set. Fed coming back after losing the final 12 months previously (and also to Nadal at AO) was big.

Less memorable over last 20 years were probably Nadal in 2010, Murray in 2016 and Djokovic in 2018 although that was more to the routine nature and the opponents that day who didn't offer a huge amount (will give Berdych a pass as he'd beaten Fed and Nole in previous two rounds so was a great effort just to make the final).

·
RAVE ON
19,426 Posts
This is a pointless poll on MTF. People will only vote for a match that took place in their own time frame. The poll does not ask for the favourite match that the voter has seen, but that is the question that people people will answer.

But, OK, the question is not, "what is the best Wimbledon final of all-time?"
Which is 1980.
Runner-up, 2001.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts