Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what are your favorite Juan Carlos matches? i love his 5-setter with Gustavo in the Roma 2001 FINALS!:D i admit that i watch my tape of that final AT LEAST once a week! :eek: :eek: :eek: i also enjoyed the Frnch Open 2000 SEMI between Guga and the Mosquito, but our guy lost!:(

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Originally posted by TennisHack
I cried, too . . .
Me too, especially when I saw him holding back the tears during his speech. :sad: He was so miserable, it broke my heart. I taped it, but I'd have to be a serious masochist to watch it again. Maybe after he wins RG next year. ;)

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, that RG Final day sucked! not only did our boy lose, but i also found out that day that Lindsay was not fully recovered and she would not play Wimbledon! i was in such a pissy mood for days...

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Layla I have it on tape too. :sigh: I'll watch it eventually.

I also have Monte Carlo 2002 final on tape, Rome 2001 final, Hamburg or Rome semis, I can't recall which.

I had the Hamburg final but tapoed over it. Wish I hadn't ,even though he lost to Portas.

Anyhow, his match against Federer at the US Open 2001 looked good, but I didn't see it.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Yes, that was supposedly a great one, but it's difficult to pick it as the favorite match if you never got a chance to see it. :(

How much does it cost?

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rebecca said:
Layla I have it on tape too. :sigh: I'll watch it eventually.

I also have Monte Carlo 2002 final on tape, Rome 2001 final, Hamburg or Rome semis, I can't recall which.

I had the Hamburg final but tapoed over it. Wish I hadn't ,even though he lost to Portas.

Anyhow, his match against Federer at the US Open 2001 looked good, but I didn't see it.
he played Federer at the USO 2001? i don't think so. i thought he lost to Robredo? i remember he lost to Tommy 7-6 in the 5th set, it was the 100th match at the Open decided on a final set tiebreak!

that must have been a great match too, but i didn't get to see it!

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Yes, he lost to Robredo in the 3rd round, after beating Di Pasquale and Voltchkov. He did beat Federer in the US Open 2000, though - in the third round. In the fourth he lost against Marat.

Let me know if you wanna find out how I know all that. ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Yeah US open 2000, sorry I messed up the years :p

I knew about losing to Marat etc, that was a tough loss :eek: Not close at all...

Robredo was awful, but at least it was Robredo and not someone I dont like.

um, it will cost me about 40 buck Canadian to get the tape of the DC match.

if you want the site or the email of the people I can give it to you.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Rebecca said:
I'm surprised that no one mentions Davis Cup final vs Hewitt.

another one that I didnt see, but I'm ordering it off the internet as soon as I have the money.
I've never seen this match but would definitely pay for it. Where can you order it?

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Layla - they are infact, based in England. That is why it is so expensive for me to buy the tape, due to exchange on the Canadian dollar, which is low right now.

tennishack - the email adress if [email protected] just tell them what match you want, the year, etc and they will give you all the details.

They mail to all parts of the world.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts