Discussion Starter #1
I like Monet and Dali..

Who are yours?

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
I can't say one , but this is one of my favourite classic paintings:

The Man with the Golden Helmet by Rembrandt

I don't know. It captivates me. And the technique used (monochrome; different yellows) is absurdly good.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't say one , but this is one of my favourite classic paintings:

The Man with the Golden Helmet by Rembrandt

I don't know. It captivates me. And the technique used (monochrome; different yellows) is absurdly good.
:yeah:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Bokehlicious thinks the cat painters are the best.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
some from my country:

"la vuelta del malón" (the Malon's comeback. Malon was a military tactic/strike group used by the native groups of the Patagonia) by Ángel Della Valle (1892) This is pretty much the most famous argentine painting of the XIX century.

and some Monvoisin for you. French painter, lived many years in Chile/Argentina. The one above is "Soldado de la guardia de Rosas" from 1842 (soldier of Rosas' guard). Orientalism, orientalism everywhere. :p pretty relevant for the cultural representation of the gaucho.
Later I'll get something more international but I'm a bit lazy atm.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some from my country:

"la vuelta del malón" (the Malon's comeback. Malon was a military tactic/strike group used by the native groups of the Patagonia) by Ángel Della Valle (1892) This is pretty much the most famous argentine painting of the XIX century.

and some Monvoisin for you. French painter, lived many years in Chile/Argentina. The one above is "Soldado de la guardia de Rosas" from 1842 (soldier of Rosas' guard). Orientalism, orientalism everywhere. :p pretty relevant for the cultural representation of the gaucho.
Later I'll get something more international but I'm a bit lazy atm.
Thank you for the contribution.. Is your real name Pablo or do you like Picaso?.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
William-Adolphe Bouguereau is my favorite

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Cezanne is excellent

shout out to Matisse

and Derain

the Fauvist movement is brilliant, a personal favourite

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
"Encaustic Kitty" by BokehCatBoy 2004.
on display at Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC

I can't.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Oskar Kokoschka's work resonates with me, for reasons that may not be entirely healthy.

Plus, honorable mention to Heironymus Bosch and that cool Metallica video based on his paintings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts