Mens Tennis Forums banner

What's your favorite Harry Potter book?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that they're all out and it seems that everybody here that reads them has read the last book, I think it's time for a poll.

For me, it's a toss up between Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hollows, but I'm going to vote for Goblet of Fire since it didn't have the crappy epilogue.:D

Also, if you could explain why the one you voted for was your favorite, that would be cool but it's okay if you don't.:cool:

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So basically the reason why I chose Goblet of Fire was that, more that any of the other books, it felt exciting to read all the way through. The first time through it also had that dark foreshadowing feeling that you knew something terrible was going to happen. I know that it's like that in the other books but everything built up in this one better. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but I'm kind of tired right now so I don't feel like re-writing that:lol:

On and BTW, the Goblet of Fire movie was, by far, my least favorite one.:eek: I'm not the biggest fan of the movies to begin with but that one I felt they totally fucked up.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
A lot of people always seem to pick Prisoner of Azkaban in this :scratch:, but I really liked Order of the Phoenix most, and perhaps the length has something to do with that.

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts
HP & The Goblet of Fire :worship:

The last one was a bit of a let-down to me, though still very good. I think the Order of the Phoenix was very good too.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
The Prisoner of Azkaban without a shadow of a doubt. The Sirius/Pettigrew/Lupin twist near the end was just brilliant, plus the book wasn't too long and it moved at a fast and furious pace.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
I picked the Prisoner of Azkaban - mostly because it is so action-packed. I like Goblet of Fire for that reason as well (thought GoF seems almost too frenzied at times). Order of the Phoenix is my least favorite - mostly because I don't like Harry very much in it.

In order I like

Prisoner of Azkaban
Deathly Hallows
Goblet of Fire
Philosopher's Stone
Half-blood Prince
Chamber of Secrets
Order of the Phoenix

Deathly Hallows would have been higher, were it not for the too-lengthy camping scenes and the dreadful epilogue.

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
Spoilers in this..
Deathly Hallows or the Half Blood Prince.
1. Deathly Hallows - I love the fact that for once the adventure and scenario isn't in Hogwarts, we learn more about Voldemort, more dark spells, more deaths, we learn a lot about the Hallows which are an awesome alternative to Horcruxes. Also lots of information about Dumbledore and his family. Finally - the final battle is amazing, even though you know Harry would never cast the Avada Kedavara spell, I love the fact that he knows he won't die as he's the rightful owner of the Elder Wand. Although, I wished a more darker epilogue, but this is a kid's book after all.
2. Half Blood Prince - More dark and gruesome. We learn a lot more about the teenage/kid Voldemort, and of course the half blood prince book is awesome. Haha Hermoine gets so jealous.
3. The Goblet of Fire - when the GoF shouts out Harry's name, that was probably the best chapter in the book, as soon as I read that, I knew there was definitely something fishy about Moody.
4. Prisoner of Azkaban - Sirius is innocent, amazing plot twist with Scabbers being Pettigrew, and of course, it's action filled. Lots of suprises.
5. Order of the Phoenix - The connection between Vol. and Harry starts here, he's really angry and lmao @ Umbridge. Still; the battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore and Harry was cool. Good information at the end.
6. Chamber of Secrets - Now that I think about it, I don't like the earlier books a lot, still, when it's revealed that the CoS isn't actually a rumour, it's true and it's hidden in Hogwarts, I started thinking about it Voldemort knew more secrets about Hogwarts and hid more stuff like the diary, which turned out to be a Horcrux, in Hogwarts.
7. Philosophers Stone - Not that dark and I don't like the Philosophers stone much, either. Still, Quirrell was cool.
And there you have it. There'll be more Harry Potter coming out, explaining character's history.
I really want a book about the adventures of the teenage Voldemort and the stuff he did. Could be interesting to see what kind of stuff he did.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Half blood price, after that Goblet of Fire, and than the seventh, especially because of the part which Molly kills Belatrix!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I loved Goblet of Fire. :D

Although when I read Deathly Hollows I don't know where my mind was because I forget everything that happened. So in a few months, once all the information is completely gone from my mind, I'm going to reread it. :)

I saw OotP movie on an airplane recently for only the second time and I realized what a bad representation of the book it is. My second-favorite book, least favorite movie.

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
For me it's Prisoner of Azkaban. I really liked all the story and how things turned out to be.
Then I think it would be Deathly Hallows althought it wasn't what I expected it to be. Dissapointed me a bit but still it is great all the things JK can come out with. :worship: Very entertaining.

I saw OotP movie on an airplane recently for only the second time and I realized what a bad representation of the book it is. My second-favorite book, least favorite movie.
I completely agree with you.
OotP movie a really bad representation of the book. Didn't like it that much.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
For me it's Prisoner of Azkaban. I really liked all the story and how things turned out to be.
I agree with you. Prisoner of Azkaban for me is the best HP book of the series. Poll proves it.
Half Blood Prince is the worst of the series but maybe it's a stirrup for the final story, but it's terribly boring.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
This is a weird bump but I was searching for another thread and saw this one and had to post. :) HBP is by far the best book of the series for me. :worship: I was totally entertained throughout the entire book. No other book in the series made me LOL (literally LOL) more than HBP. I loved Ron and Lavender's relationship and loved his reaction to Harry and Ginny's relationship. I loved seeing a different and more sensitive side to Draco, who is one of my favorite characters. I also loved that Snape was the HBP, mainly because I predicted him to be before I read the book. :p

I felt a resemblance to LOTR during the part of the book when Harry and Dumbledore are in the cave looking for the horcrux. Something about the dead bodies coming out of the water to get them reminded me of the creature that tried to get the fellowship when they were in the cave in FOTR.

OH, loved Dumbledore's death. :yeah: Well, not the death but the action surrounding the death. ;) :p

Second favorite would have to be DH because I was of course happy to see Voldemort die and was happy that Dumbledore "came back" in a way. God, the chapters with the final battles between good and evil were just :worship: I was sad she killed a twin and said to see that Tonks and Lupin's son was orphaned by the war just like Harry. HATED HATED HATED the middle of the book with all the running and the hiding and :ras: I just wanted to see how the book ended. :yawn:

Without doing any more explanation, the order of my favorites after the first two would be:

5. GOF
4. OOTP
3. COS
2. POA
1. SS/PS

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
1. Half Blood Prince
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Philosopher's Stone
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Order of the Phoenix
7. Deathly Hallows

I love all the Snape in HBP, and POA was just really cool. I found DH dull, with all the camping and the almost death and all of that, plus Snape died and he was my favourite all the way through :sad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts