Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite moment is definitely the look on Tipsy's face after he clinched the first set against Federer with that running cross-court forehand. He did the "vight" hand signal and just looked mad clever--like an evil genius. It must be the glasses. Here's the youtube clip in case you missed it (20 seconds in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PISTTKKLAAg

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
ExFed-Nole Semis, second set: ExFed placing a cross-court drop, but Nole running for his life and placing the ball square on the line behind ExFed's back, thus clinching a break and 3-1 lead in the set.

(Unfortunately, I didn't watch Tsonga-Murray, I think I saw just a part of that unbelievable point where Tsonga returned EVERYTHING extraterrestrially while Murray tried with all his might, only to be passed at the end.)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Tsonga vs Nadal. There was absolutely NOTHING Nadal could do, especially in the third set. As much as he tried to fight back, like he always does, Tsonga had all the answers.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Baghdatis hugging Hewitt at 4 AM after their match... The end of the longest day of tennis.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Tipsarevic winning that first set was good.
Baghdatis laughing and smiling during a nailbiter vs Hewitt.
Tsonga winning the first set in the final with two out of this world winners.

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Easily Kohlschreiber vs. Roddick match.

Still can't believe Kohli didn't have one shot on the Kia Hot Shots.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
I have favourite moments at the AO, involving people like Peta/Molina, picking on Marach [to his face of course], Crazy Austrian, Sane Austrian journalist...but as for actual tennis? For me the Hewitt-Djokovic match was beautiful for so many reasons. My first time being in RLA so it was also special. This might be a bit weak, but the shot of Tsongas coach, tears in his eyes, after he knocked out Nadal. That's right up there for me.

Reactions: Sean.J.S.

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It hurt to see Tsonga beat Nadal so soundly, but I had to admire the way Tsonga celebrated the end of each set with confident nods of the end. It removed any doubt for me--a star had arrived.

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
My favorite moment is definitely the look on Tipsy's face after he clinched the first set against Federer with that running cross-court forehand. He did the "vight" hand signal and just looked mad clever--like an evil genius. It must be the glasses. Here's the youtube clip in case you missed it (20 seconds in):

Haha that was an incredibly awesome moment :lol:

Baghdatis hugging Hewitt at 4 AM after their match... The end of the longest day of tennis.

Another good one.

To be honest, my favorite moment has got to be the very end of it :angel:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
I think I would agree with you on that one. That middle Saturday was really impressive. Also of course, Tsonga beating Nadal, and Nole winning the final :)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

I agree :lol:, and it was a pity that he wasn't be able to finish the work he had started, but anyway, it was a fantastic performance by Janko! :worship:

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts
Too many great moments this AO :worship: Agree with many of the above posts.
But Tsonga keeping so cool on the court after beating Nadal then he gets to his chair and in a split second he is like a little kid with such exuberance jumping up and down.
And the Israeli Duos winning celebration. A milestone for them and their country.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Too many great moments this AO :worship: Agree with many of the above posts.
But Tsonga keeping so cool on the court after beating Nadal then he gets to his chair and in a split second he is like a little kid with such exuberance jumping up and down.
And the Israeli Duos winning celebration. A milestone for them and their country.
Eurosport showed the Israelis and their celebrations whilst waiting for the presentations this morning. They were indeed very happy :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Fed/Santoro match with that fantastic point where Santoro returned a couple of smashes and Fed finally missed.

Also the entire Hewitt/Baggy match. They had me hollering at the TV and running laps around the living room because I was so excited.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts