Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I love when he does that jumping movement to catapult his shot on the backhand (Rios does that a lot too): BANG!
:D
His serve is great too.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I like it when Marat jumps up to hit a backhand from behind the baseline and kicks his right leg out. That's so unique! And I've seen Anna Kournikova do the same thing! I think it's a Moscow thing! ;)

I also like hearing Cliff Drysdale question why Marat does that! :D Insinuating he doesn't need to do that.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
This is a tough one. I love all of Marat's shots- serve, forehand, and backhand. His backhand down the line is a thing of beauty! I really think its his signature shot. I also love the jumping backhand, i think it looks cool and i love it when Marat does it!:D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I guess that jumping stuff helps on the body weight transfer. It should add juice to the shot.
I said I GUESS... ;)
Oh well, its cool anyway.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Apparently John MacEnroe doesn't think its very cool. He thinks its a dumb shot. Every time Marat does it, he always says, 'look at this, he's kicking his leg up like a horse..' hehehe:D :D

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
tennis experts are idiots! They wouldn't know what a good shot was even if it him them in the ass!:eek: ;)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Oh Jessi! :eek: I've never seen you so offensive minded! ;)

Jessi, did you get the tape yet? I sent Sharky in Vancouver a mailing on Friday and she got it by Tuesday. I was shocked she got it so fast! :eek:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
LOL! I think i've been reading too many of Becca's posts!:eek: ;) (j/k)

No, i haven't received the tape yet!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Lol, Poor Becca!

Indeed tennis experts usually are dumb. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Poor Becca? But i meant as a compliment! :kiss:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Oh, ok then... You better not mess with sister whale. :p
lol
:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
C'mon, guys, John McEnroe once said that Marat "is the real deal".

And my favorite shot is, of course, that fabulous crosscourt backhand.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
His two-handed forehands that usually are passing shots and lobs. And his drop shots when they work.

Plus his football shots...does that count:()?

1 - 20 of 242 Posts