Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Wojtek said:

[4] Gustavo Kuerten def. Rainer Schuttler 61 76(0)

Former world number one Gustavo Kuerten finally find his normal form.

Q : Guga, Rainer is the verym very fast. It was long match, he is running to everything Did you have any special tactic before match?

Kuerten : I was very excited to finally play him and at the start I was pretty nervous. It was a bit intimidating but once the match started I got calmer and I was able to play good tennis.

Q : How pleased are you with your performance today?

Kuerten: I'm very pleased. I played well, it was a good match and I stayed focused throughout the game. I'm especially pleased with the way I played on setpoint down in second set. I knew I had to be aggressive and not give him any opportunities cause that would have meant the end of the set and maybe of the match. Schuttler played so well today, he hit so many forehand winners. I had to dig deep but I came through.

Q : If a 3rd set had to be played, were you fit enough to play it?

Kuerten: Well right now I fell a bit tired but if the match had gone to three sets I don't know what would have happened. I think we are both very fit so a third set wouldn't have been a problem. Of course I'm happy to have finished it in two sets (laughs).

Q : You're in the semis now. Are you already thinking of the title?

Kuerten : I have to win two more matches first but it has been on my mind yeah. It would mean a lot to me to win my first title here and i want to be number one in the world. I worked very hard for it and it's nice to see that it's paying off now.

Q : Your next opponent will be Tommy Haas. What are your thoughts on that match?

Kuerten: He's such a good player and he must be very confident right now with all the good results he's having. I'll have to play my best cause he will also be motivated. I'm looking forward to it...Should be a good match.
Oh well... Losing against Guga... that's something Rainer and I can live with... ;)
Congrats to the winners! :yeah:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Felix said:
Felix said:

Men's Double Semifinal Result

Fish/Roddick [1] def. Kimmich/Safin 75 06 62

Johansson/Grosjean def. Federer/Gasquet [2] 46 64 76(4)
Aha! It's the Game Boys versus Sebastien and Joachim again! Can't wait to see who wins this time!

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Team R :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Men's Single Final Result

[4] Gustavo Kuerten def. Tommy Haas[Q] 63 63
Felix Note : The match turned out to be one-sided. Before this, Hass dominated his opponents with big forehand and huge serving, but Kuerten simply didn't allow any of that to happen, often coming up with unbelievable angles and drop shots that left the ASS in amazement. Kuerten now owns two single titles and coincidentally without dropping a set again.

Grosjean/Johansson def. Fish/Roddick [1] 06 60 76(5)
Felix Note : Wow, in the end of the day, Sebby's and PimPim's bonus points help them to win the match. It was very close until Fish was distracted during the match point because the Duck was scratching his butt. The end.

S

·
0 Posts
:woohoo: 2 straight dubs titles for pim n seb! sorry felix... but i dont think we will be breaking up anytime soon :p

·
Registered
743 Posts
Felix said:

Grosjean/Johansson def. Fish/Roddick [1] 06 60 76(5)
Felix Note : Wow, in the end of the day, Sebby's and PimPim's bonus points help them to win the match. It was very close until Fish was distracted during the match point because the Duck was scratching his butt. The end.

Hooray! I knew that itching powder would come in handy! (Thank God this is all online, so you can't see the happy dance I'm doing right now. It really is a fantastic dance, though.)

Also, Sharon is right. Pim and Seb are going to stick together as long as they keep winning.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts