Fish/Roddick
Coria/Kuerten
Federer/Gasquet
Kimmich/Safin [breaking up soon]
Gonzales/Haas [breaking up soon]
Johansson/Grosjean
Moya/Nadal
Lopez/Schüttler

:worship: Points are due on WEDNESDAY through PM to ME, Felix.

Rd 32 DRAW
Q1 : [1] Tommy Haas vs Carlos Moya
Q2 : [2] Marat Safin vs Taylor Dent
Q3 : [3] Feliciano Lopez vs Robby Ginerpi
Q4 : [4] Sebastian Grosjean vs James Blake
Q5 : [5] Andy Roddick vs Alex Bogomolov, Jr

MAIN DRAW
[1] Joachim Johansson vs Q1
Q3 vs Guillermo Coria
Gasto Gaudio vs Q5
Richard Gasquet vs [3] Mardy Fish[

[4] Gustavo Kuerten vs Fernando Gonzales
Q2 vs Rainer Schuttler
Q4 vs Rafael Nadal
Roger Federer vs [2] Marc Kimmich

Double Draw

Fish/Roddick vs Moya/Nadal
Coria/Kuerten vs Kimmich/Safin

Johansson/Grosjean vs Lopez/Schüttler
Federer/Gasquet vs Gonzales/Haas

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
21 players now, meaning at least 7 more to have a proper draw. :banana:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually the qualifying = round 32.

i just dont like seeing many byes.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Player of the WEEK
Marc Kimmich
For winning first title and continued his amazing run from last week.
Sebastian Grosjean
Coming from qualifying to reach the final and also beating #2 along the way.
Robby Ginerpi
Newcomer who reaches his first semifinal in the second week and beat some good players along the way.

The Winner
Marc Kimmich

Win of the WEEK
Feliciano Lopez def. [1] Mardy Fish
Sebastian Grosjean def. [2] Gustavo Kuerten
Gaston Gaudio def. Joachim Johansson

The Winner
Sebastian Grosjean
He edged out higher ranked player and backed up with a final appearance.

Best Article
No one.

Points to be used

Joachim Johansson - 138 points
Marc Kimmich - 136 points
Mardy Fish - 134 points
Gustavo Kuerten - 132 points
Fernando Gonzales - 132 points
Roger Federer - 132 points
Guillermo Coria - 132 points
Rainer Schüttler - 132 points
Sebastian Grosjean - 132 points

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
same points as last week plz mate

and safin and kimmich are no longer going to break up well not this week anywayz!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
hey sorry wasn't around much last week, will be back with some articles this week too :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Me'ns Single Round 32 Result

[1] Tommy Haas def. Carlos Moya 75 36 64
Felix Note : Haas was just all over Moya's weaker shots and was dictating the key points of the match. Moya tried as hard as possible to counter Haas' huge game with some variety, but it wasn't enough. Welcome back Tommy, for trying something different this week.

Taylor Dent def. [2] Marat Safin 64 36 75 :eek: :sad:
Felix Note : Safin finally tried to come up with a new strategy this week, however, unfortunately, he had to fall short against a newcomer, Dent. Like every new comer, Dent tried to played a more agressive tennis, and Safin was pinned to the baseline, merely retrieving shots after shots until he made his own mistake.

[3] Feliciano Lopez def. Robby Ginerpi 16 76(2) 61
Felix Note : Oh I love how Lopez countered Ginerpi's aggresive tennis. He saved his energy by tanking the first set in order to go toe to toe with Ginerpi and played a superb tennis. Like I've always said, Lopez should have already been in the top 10 and to see him playing qualifying is a little surprising.

James Blake def. [4] Sebastian Grosjean 60 06 76(2) :eek: :sad:
Felix Note : A very disappointed performance by Grosjean after reaching final last week. Perhaps he was tired but at least he tried something different. It would have worked against most of players but sadly not to Blake. I reckoned he must have watched Fish's matches from time to time. Better luck Sebby.

Alex Bogomolov, Jr def. [5] Andy Roddick 75 63 :eek: :sad:
Felix Note : Wow, what's up with the new players. They came up with some solid tennis today. Bogomolov listened to moi and tried to play a different style this week. I was impressed and so was the Duck because he again failed to shine in single. Oh well. :shrug:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Poor Sebastien. I'm sure he was tired. Also, because I neglected to check back here before sending in his points, I didn't add his two extra points for "Win of the Week". I dont know if they would have made a difference, but I feel badly.

Go Sebastien and Joachim in doubles! (I'm sure he'll be all rested up by then.)

·
Registered
576 Posts
nice words from the ref have given feli the confidnece to go deep in this tourney :D

as long as he doesnt fuck it up :mad: :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Eclectic Goddess said:
Go Sebastien and Joachim in doubles! (I'm sure he'll be all rested up by then.)
poor seb :(
dont worry, joachim says he will give full effort in doubles too so team something (still cant think of a name :eek: ) can win another title this week :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Men's Single Round 16 Result
Tommy Haas[Q] def. [1] Joachim Johansson 64 36 76(9) :eek: :sad:
Felix Note : Ugh. This is a potential final match, however due to the rank, both have to meed in the first round. This was a solid match as both players were pretty evenly matched and showed off their all-court abilities. In the end, Haas was able to edge Johansson with a lucky netcord. You know, Johansson should not even be worried, because he was just unlucky today. Besides, Haas is a solid opponent who finally woke up from his la la land. Better luck in double ;).

Feliciano Lopez [Q] def. Guillermo Coria 76(5) 64
Felix Note : Oh well, Lopez was just too good for Coria. Both guys were on their games and playing well. Lopez was in control off of the ground, while Coria was hitting his spots effectively while serving and getting to the net loads of times. However, Lopez did win afterall.

Gasto Gaudio def. Alex Bogomolov, Jr [Q] 06 63 63
Felix Note : What a weird match, Alex completely destroyed Gaudio's play right from the first set. He was serving with authority and very aggressive. However, after down 06 03, Gaudio all of sudden took over the match, and started serving even bigger. Gaudio also started to come in on almost everything and in turn made Alex rush all of his shots and hit errors like crazy.

Richard Gasquet def. [3] Mardy Fish 06 60 76(6) :eek: :sad:
Felix Note : This is somewhat like Pim Pim match. Fish was a better player but couldn't convert 3 match points he had in the tie-break. Gasquet really stepped up his level this week, and finally able to win again. Fish is now heading to two first round exit in a row, could he make it three next week? Hopefull, he would play his double match 103% now.

[4] Gustavo Kuerten def. Fernando Gonzales 60 76(3)
Felix Note : Kuerten is back baby. :rocker2:. When everyone's starting to drift out from aggressive play, Kuerten retrieved back to what's he's good at which is being aggressive. The first set was a routine for Kueten who was flawless. The second set got very interesting as Gonzales began dictating points and Guga began to spray some errors. Gonzales had chances, and was merely a few points away from taking the set on a couple of occasions, but Kuerten's power and versatility proved too much in the end.

Rainer Schuttler def. Taylor Dent [Q] 62 26 76(0)
Felix Note : Dent failed to shine this week because he was not agreesive enough. Schuttler saw this and started to abuse Dent's lack of experience by playing the bigger points much better.

James Blake [Q] def. Rafael Nadal 60 06 76(2)
Felix Note : Blake is back after being abducted by aliens for 5 weeks. But boy he's back with some intensity. The first two sets are weird, let's don't talk about this. The third set turned out to be very close. Blake was ruthless from baseline and lead for while and then Nadal started to play more variety tennis which confused his opponent and level back the set. Blake won in the end because he was much fitter than Nadal. Nuff said.

[2] Marc Kimmich def. Roger Federer 75 62
Felix Note : What a luck for Federer. Last week he met AO champ. This week he met AO RU. Kimmich is an improved player. Federer tried coming to the net a lot. But that was the only advantage that Federer had, and though he showed flashes of brilliant groundstrokes, Kimmich was simply better, and hit harder. Federer needs to change his startegy soon. Even Gasquet has somewhat been aggressive.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Roger lost again :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts