Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Men Double's Quarterfinal Result
1-Federer/Gasquet def. Kimmich/Safin 62 26 76(0)
Moya/Nadal def. Coria/Kuerten w/o [Kuerten is banned from the tournament]
Johansson/Grosjean def. Fish/Roddick 76(4) 67(5) 76(6)
Lopez/Schüttler def. 2-Gonzales/Haas 76(3) 64 :tape:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Well done Team R :banana: ... Keep up winning :cool:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Men's Single Semifinal Results
Rainer Schuttler def. (Q)Feliciano Lopez 06 76(3) 60
Schuttler continues his impressive run this week, ending Feli's cinderella story. Against his double partner, Schuttler was helpless in the first set but came out strong to barely edge Lopez in the second. Once the second is over, Schuttler was beaming with confidence and hardly missed any shots. Congrats Rainer, well Lopez, good week.

(3) Mardy Fish def. Gaston Gaudio 60 06 76(0)
Being the only player to be able to reach semifinal for the third consecutive tournament, Fish was superb today. And seeing that most of the top seeds had tumbled out, he really took the opportunity to play all out to seal a victory and finally making to his first final of the season.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Men Double's Semifinal Result
1-Federer/Gasquet def. Moya/Nadal 64 16 63[/b]
Johansson/Grosjean def. Lopez/Schüttler 63 16 63

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Felix said:

Men's Single Semifinal Results
Rainer Schuttler def. (Q)Feliciano Lopez 06 76(3) 60
Schuttler continues his impressive run this week, ending Feli's cinderella story. Against his double partner, Schuttler was helpless in the first set but came out strong to barely edge Lopez in the second. Once the second is over, Schuttler was beaming with confidence and hardly missed any shots. Congrats Rainer, well Lopez, good week.

RAINER RULES! :banana:
And he's also reached the semifinals in the double tourney!! :yeah:

Good luck Rainer! Make your coach proud! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Why can't this fictional Rainer be the real one?? :tape:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
:woohoo: mardy keep it up!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Men's Single FINAL Results

(3) Mardy Fish def. Rainer Schuttler 61 06 76(2)

Oh congrats to the Fish for his first ever FATP title. A big contender for Australian Open. Fish started shakily and was broken on the first game and then the Duck came to the rescue and *snaps* he woke up and started blasting Schuttler with powerful serves and forehand from side to side, captruing the first set 6-1. The second was a give away to Schuttler. Fish somehow lost his concentratation with HAAS approaching the DUCK. Rumour has it that HAAS needs to form Spice Boy team and dump Gonzales. Schuttler took the opportunity and dictated every point to win the second 6-0. The third set was almost the same in the second with Fish making errors after errors and was down 0-5. Schuttler, being in his first final, started to choke badly. Worse than Fish. Double faulted on every occasion and dumped every serve to the net. Fish was able to level to 5-5 before both player double faulted their serves away to tie break 6-6. It's uglier match in the tie-break that I'm even ashamed to report. Just say that Fish won his match point when Schuttler hit his forehand at the umpire. The end.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Men Double's FINAL Result
1-Federer/Gasquet def. Johansson/Grosjean 67(2) 76(4) 76(5)

A very close match but the Team R prevails in the end, winning their second double title together. For Seb and Pim, not bad effort. First round loss in Qatar, SF in Sydney and now F in here. Who knows a win in AO. :shrug:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Team R is back in action :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
:woohoo: mardy fish number 1 player in singles and doubles lets all throw a party :)

ducky boy mardys coming to celebrate!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Following his interview earlier in the week, Smokey McPot returns to interview Mardy Fish after his first FATP tournament win and finds the Fish in a less than perfect state...

Smokey: How are you feeling Mardy?
Mardy: I ish greaaaaaaaattttttt thansh you! hic
Smokey: been drinking a bit have you Mardy?
Mardy: er....no no no no awwwww okaayy jusht a little tinsy bit.
Smokey: is now not a good time to interview then Mardy?
Mardy: I ish fine you cans interview me nows if yous likes.
Smokey: been celebrating alot then?
Mardy: My sexy ducky wucky hic gave me bubbles in a bottle hic.
Smokey: Bubbles in a bottle? you mean champagne?
Mardy: No no no nos ickle bottles funny round thing dip in bottle then you blow bubbles and the fly around room and go pop!
Smokey: Right...where was this?
Mardy: Everywhere looksies i do it now...hic *mardy blows bubble slike a child across the room*
Smokey: Mardy maybe we should take you for some coffee and you should get a drink before we continue this interview anymore i don't want to give you a bad reputation.
Mardy: okay *mardy attempts to sit down and falls off chair* oopsies, i gots a bruise, where's my ducky? he kissy better. hic.
Smokey: Okay Mardy I'll go get the duck and he canmake it all better yes?
Yesh pwease.

a few hours later.....

Smokey:So Mardy how are you now?
Mardy: I'm fine thanks.... but can you talk a little quieter please.
Smokey:Got a bit of a hangover have you mardy?
Mardy: Yeah just a little Andy gave me some booze and it went a bit to my head i guess, Maybe it's coz i didn't eat anything before the game.
Smokey: But youre okay now.
Mardy: Yeah I'm great infact i'm better than great I won a tournament and I'm now the number 1 in the world in single and doubles.
Smokey: So youheard about the rankings then?
Mardy: Of course I did it's amazing I can't get used to it, mind you it's only been a few hours.
Smokey: And you celebrated with the bubbles.
Mardy: Hehe yeah they were totaly fun, i feel like a west ham supporter
Smokey: West Ham?
Mardy: Yeah they're an English football team their fans sing "i'm forever blowing bubbles"
Smokey: hmm sounds like it should be a Michael Jackson song.
Mardy: Hehehe no...
Smokey: So the singles obviously went well this week? but the doubles didn't go se well getting knocked out in the quaters. So what happens next week?
Mardy: Well hopefully I'll do just as well in the singles next week and me and ducky can pull together in doubles like we did last week, but right now I'm just happy abut this week and I don't know about next week, I'm just having an amazing start to the year and I don't know what else to think, it's just perfect.
Smokey:So rumours of Roddick heading off to make a partnership with Haas?
Mardy: What? I haven't heard anything about that who said that? when? Wait!

*At this point Mardy disappeared into the bedroom with his mobile phone and could be heard having an angered conversation with someone, who we can only assume is Andy Roddick*
*Mardy returns*
Mardy: Sorry about that.
Smokey: Problem?
Mardy: No nope problem did you wnat to repeat your last question?
Smokey: Okay yes I was just asking about the rumours of Roddick heading off to make a partnership with Haas?
Mardy: Yeah I can confirm thats absolute rubbish... Either that or he's lying to me. I don't see how with us being the number 1 doubles pairing in the world right now he can want to leave me.
Smokey: But Tommy now has better hair than you.
Mardy: Hey I like my hair! And so does ducky.
Smokey: What about your coach?
Mardy: Err no she hates it.. She says it makes my ears stick out but as long as I play well she'll let me off.
Smokey: So you'r safe for now.
Mardy: I think I'll be safe for a few weeks yet.
Smokey: Well I guess i should let you have some time to rest and get over your hangover.
Thanks I'm going to go play with my bubbles, and spend sometime with my ducky.
Smokey: Okay congratulations again, good luck for next week and the Aussie Open.
Mardy: Thanks I'll try my best.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Rainer wasn't that devastated by his loss in the final and gave his compliments to Mardy. He told SuperFurrySport he was already happy he's back on track again. He enjoyed playing at the Heineken Open and would love to play again next year! :yeah:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Rainer wasn't that devastated by his loss in the final and gave his compliments to Mardy. He told SuperFurrySport he was already happy he's back on track again. He enjoyed playing at the Heineken Open and would love to play again next year!
Mardy asked if Rainer enjoyed drinking the heineken as much as he did?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts