·
Registered
6,358 Posts
AUF GEHT'S RAINER! :bounce:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry. Apparently it's really a busy day. Results coming up.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Round 16 Results
(1) Guillermo Coria def. Gustavo Kuerten w/o
Kuerten was found using illegal drugs [overusing of points]. He's going to be banned from the tour, however, since he's hot, he'll be back next week, just nice for Australian Open.

Rainer Schuttler def. Marat Safina 57 76(4) 75
Both really wanted to win this match badly. In the end, Rainer prevails.

Tommy Haas def. Joachim Johansoon 76(0) 76(5)
Poor Johansson. He tries and tries to no avail. Hope he won't stop trying because he will win eventually. Hopefully a better luck and a better draw for Johansson because we all know that Haas wins against anyone but Federer

(Q)Feliciano Lopez def. (4) Roger Federer 75 62
Wow. Lopez impresses me this week. He plays a lot more agrresive compared than the previous week. However, his physical condition is questionable. Haas was seen outside the court smiling to know Federer losing.

(3) Mardy Fish def. Richard Gasquet 75 57 76(5)
This is I think by far one of the best match of the day. Both players refuse to give up, however, the young Gasquet is unable to close the match despite having few match points.

Fernando Gonzales def. Sebastian Grosjean 06 61 76(2)
A very weird match that always happens in FATP once in a while. Gonzales tanks the first set while Grosjean tanks the second. Both players were evenly contest in the third set, however it seems like after knowing Johansson has lost, Grosjean tanks the tie-break. Rumour has it that both have been dating for the past 2 weeks.

Gaston Gaudio def. (Q)Andy Roddick 06 61 76(2)
Oh shrugs. Roddick really sucks and cant win two matches in a row. The bright side of this is that, Roddick at least won a match. He's been trying about the same strategy for the past 3 weeks. Something new might help him.

(Q)Rafael Nadal def. (2)Marc Kimmich 61 76(3)
Nadal won. Yay. He's been trying hard. The funny thing was he chokes when he's seeded and now he's playing with lesser pressure. Kimmich, about time to change his strategy.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Felix said:

Round 16 Results
Rainer Schuttler def. Marat Safina 57 76(4) 75
Both really wanted to win this match badly. In the end, Rainer prevails.

Well done! :worship: If only he could play like this in the real ATP... :tape:

·
Registered
743 Posts
From the post-match press conference following Sebastien Grosjean’s first round loss to Fernando Gonzales, 0/6, 6/1, 7/6(2)…

Grosjean: I play very well in first set. My legs feel good. Then, in first game of the second set, I run in to net, and he hit me with passing shot. It hurt very bad. After that, I was afraid to get too close to ball, it might hit me again.
Reporter: But you came back in the third.
Grosjean: Yes, I remember that my arms are too short to reach the ball without being close, so I have to stop being afraid.
Reporter: How is it that you think Gonzales was able to run away with the tie-break, when you were both playing at such a high level?
Grosjean: I just get distracted. Is bad timing.
Reporter: Were you distracted by the scuffle that broke out in the stands during the final games of the third set?
Grosjean: Um…no…
Reporter: There are reports that a fight broke out in your box after your current doubles partner, Joachim Johansson, turned up to see the end of your match and got into an argument with your previous doubles partner, Arnaud Clement.
Grosjean: I have nothing to say about that.
Reporter: What do you have to say about the rumors that your relationship with Joachim Johansson has grown into something more than just playing tennis together?
Grosjean: What do I have to say? I have to say, don’t tell Arnaud…er…I mean…my wife. (tries to laugh, fails) This conference is over.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
(Q)Feliciano Lopez def. (4) Roger Federer 75 62
Wow. Lopez impresses me this week. He plays a lot more agrresive compared than the previous week. However, his physical condition is questionable. Haas was seen outside the court smiling to know Federer losing
Rogi is a bit tired :eek:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Quarterfinal Results
Rainer Schuttler def. (1) Guillermo Coria 76(6) 64 :eek:
(Q)Feliciano Lopez def. Tommy Haas 76(0) 61 :haha:

(3) Mardy Fish def. Fernando Gonzales 60 06 76(5)
Gaston Gaudio def. (Q)Rafael Nadal 06 76(5) 61 :sad:

Sorry, trying to rush out the result cause I might be very very busy on Saturday or even tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
OMFG Federer finally out and I lose to complete shit.:retard: Can't believe someone took the first set away from me, must have gone for insane numbers his first 2 sets, then tank.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Richard needs to stop losing in third-set tiebreaks. :fiery:
not when it's agaisnt mardy he doesn't.

Mardy would like it known he has now made 3 semis in a row!

(3) Mardy Fish def. Fernando Gonzales 60 06 76(5)

some lovely odd b's in the middle of that score line thanks felix ;)

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Fish makes 3rd semi of the year!

Mardy Fish is celebrating making his 3rd semi final of the year in only the 3rd tournament. We sent our interviewer Smokey McPot down to have a chat with the Fish and see how he feels about the rest of the tournament. And the pressures of being the last seed in the tournament.

Smokey: "So how ya feeling today Mardy?"
Mardy: "absolutely brilliant this year coulnd't have started any better really could it?
Smokey: "Well you could have won all 3!"
Mardy: "Ok yeah thats true but still I don't expect that sort of thing i'm just happy to be getting past the first round each week, and to make the semis each week is just a dream."
Smokey: So if this is a dream how would you feel if you won.
Mardy: Well last week i won the doubles with Andy and i felt great after that, especially when he gave that long lingering hug afterwards.
Smokey: But Andy won't be on the court with you for the singles.
Mardy: slight detail anyway all wins to me are good, whether it's on my own or with andy. I'm just happy to be winning more games than i'm losing it's putting me in a good position for the aussie open next week.
Smokey: How do you think you'll do there?
Mardy: I don't know mate as i say i'm happy with anything as long as i win a match.
Smokey: And doe sthat count for the semis here?
Mardy: Hey i ain't gonna lie to you man i wanna win it would be amazing to win here but whatever happens I'm gonna enjoy myself, I'm the only seed left in the draw and that puts the pressure on me to win.
Smokey: We've been looking at the rankings today Mardy and we think you could well take the #1 ranking at the end of this week how you feel about that?
Mardy: Damn really, that'd be great when Andy was #1 we :tape: ..erm never mind but lets just say it was fun and pretty messy. :unsure: So maybe then Andy would let me do that again.
Smokey: you and the duck seem to be pretty close?
Mardy: Well we grew up in the same duck pond and he was a sweet little duckling who befriended me and stopped the other ducks eating me, so we'll always be close for that,
Smokey: interesting analogy mardy.
Mardy: analogy? nah mate it's true seriously
Smokey: Okay then. so tell us a little something about your matches so far.
Mardy: well they've been pretty tough, the 1st round match was pretty tight and i was lucky to get through on the tie break, The match with Fernando was just weird, i bageled him, he bageled me then another tie break but again i came through so it was good he has a great coach, a new coach but a great coach none the less I think gonzalez will get better as the year goes on. I fell over in the 2nd set and bruised my fin :unsure: i mean arm but I managed to pull it back so it's ok.
Smokey: And the next match you think you can win it?
Mardy: Well it's gaston I think so it will be tough I've just gotta hope i can hold it together but even if i don't i'll still be happy i'd just be happier if i won.
Smokey: so you're not going to tell us if you think you can win it?
Mardy: haha no, if i say i'll win it you'll call me bigheaded if i say i'll lose it you'll say i'm lying so pretty much i'm just gonna say it will be tight. but hopefully the duck will come out and support me and it'll all be ok.
Smokey: and the doubles?
Mardy: Hopefully we can hold on to our top ranking in the doubles but we'll have to see how we go, Andy's been having a bit of a 'mare in the singles and the doubls seems to be keeping him going so we'll have to see what happens again. I hope we can do well so Andy can get his head together and we can work on keeping our ranking, and cheering him up he wasn't too happy after his defeat. But the doubes is always a toughie we'll just have to wait and see.

One things for sure the fish is happy about where he is right now and obviously has a deep love for the duck, and wants him to be up there with him, but can he actually win a semi? or even the whole tourny?

·
Chiudi-fan
75,894 Posts
Felix said:
Tournament Director: Felix the Great and Ybo the Elf
:cool: why didn't I notice this before?! I'm a tournament director :) And I got the feeling I haven't done anything yet :tape: Felix tell me when I have to do somehting for this game!

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Felix said:

Quarterfinal Results
Rainer Schuttler def. (1) Guillermo Coria 76(6) 64 :eek:
:bounce:RAINER IS IN THE SEMI'S!:bounce:

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
'It's all coming back to me now'
Rainer on a roll against topseed Coria

Rainer Schüttler concentrating before serve in his match against Guillermo Coria. (foto SFS)

Rainer Schüttler finally found a way to clear up the dark skies. By starting to win matches again. The 28-year old German was finally back on his level of 2003 again in the FATP Heineken Open. He dismissed topseeded Guillermo Coria of Argentina in straight sets; 7-6 6-4 to book himself a place in the semifinals of this prestigious tournament.

After the match, a delighted Schüttler was eager to talk to our SuperFurrySports reporter. ,,I played really well today. I have a feeling it's all coming back to me now. Due to the terrible season I had last year, I kind of forgot what winning was... But 2005 has started pretty well for me."

Rainer admitted he had felt bad when he got a glimpse of the schedule of the Heineken Open. ,,Somehow I always get in the same part of the draw with the guys that are in form. But that feeling usually disappears after I played a match. When I beat Safin in R16 I already knew I had chances against man-in-form Guillermo Coria. But I never expected to roll him up in two sets. I am a happy man."

To make his succes complete by reaching the final, the current number five of the world has to beat Spanish qualifier Feliciano Lopez, who wiped Schüttlers compatriot Tommy Haas of court 7-6 6-1. (SFS)

21 - 40 of 64 Posts