FATP Generali Open Rd 32

Guillermo Coria def. David Nalbandian 7-5 6-0

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
FATP Generali Open Rd 16

Carlos Moya def. 1-Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-1 0-6 6-4

Last Week's Champion is out!! Moya come out strong with his power groundstrokes down the line. Ferrero tried to outhit the fellow compatriot to no avail

Gustavo Kuerten def. James Blake 6-0 6-4

James Blake is unlucky to have met former no 1 Kuerten. Last week, Kuerten was helpless injured, but this week he is back. Kuerten hit the hardest forehand making Blake to commit tons of unforced errors

Roger Federer def. Lleyton Hewitt 7-6(13) 6-3

What a match in the first set. Both players were dead even. Hewitt uld have won if he's lucky enough on the tie-break. He lead 5-0 but was somehow rushing to close the set, costing him the match. Federer came out firing all over the wings in the second and gave Hewitt a hard time

Rafael Nadal def. 3-Alex Corretja 6-4 6-1

Bye-bye Corretja. :p Nadal was dominating Corretja throughout the match. The key is because Nadal SCOUTED Alex's strategy before the match. He was killing his forehand,moving weel and serving with authority.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Alex lost? :eek: ;) BTW : 'her' forehand? hmm

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A-Rod said:
Alex lost? :eek: ;) BTW : 'her' forehand? hmm
:D People make mistake :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Well this strategy that Nadal scouted has served me since day 1 of this game, & it carried me to #2, so it's only obvious that someone will scout a bit & see that it's so amazingly easy to beat me. I salute Roger Federer (You'll never be Nadal for me) for realising that, & for being so much smarter then Andy. Although that's not that difficult, even my cat is smarter then Andy.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
:eek: Like I said, People make mistake..

Coria sent 150 points!! Meaning.. David Nalbandian reaches Rd 16..

Sorry :(

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
FATP Generali Open

3-Andy Roddick def. Mark Philippoussis 7-5 7-5

Franco Squillari def. Joachim Johansson 6-3 0-6 6-4

Magnus Norman def. David Nalbandian 7-6(1) 4-6 7-5

Andre Agassi def. 2-Mardy Fish 7-5 2-6 6-3

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
FATP Generali Open Quarterfinal

Carlos Moya def. Gustavo Kuerten 7-5 0-6 6-0

Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer 5-7 7-5 7-6(9)

Franco Squillari def. 3-Andy Roddick 6-2 0-6 6-3

Andre Agassi def. Magnus Norman 7-5 7-5

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Can somebody please do some report :eek:

A-Rod, could you please continue update the 2003 Champions thing..

Woj, could you please do the ranking for the first week :eek:

Thanks a bunch

·
Chiudi-fan
75,895 Posts
Felix said:
Rafael Nadal def. Roger Federer 5-7 7-5 7-6(9)

A very close match today, first set Nadal did start really good, but after one break down Roger came back and did win the set. The 2nd set was not as interesting as it looks, Federer has lots of problems with his service, but did win the most of them, but the last game was too much for him. But in the 3rd set Roger was back, he did lead with 3-0, but Nadal had a rebreak and after an exciting tiebreak, with matchpoints for both players there was a sad end of the match, Roger did end with a double fault.

·
Registered
14,484 Posts
Felix said:
Can somebody please do some report :eek:

A-Rod, could you please continue update the 2003 Champions thing..

Woj, could you please do the ranking for the first week :eek:

Thanks a bunch
Felix i don't have time this week. :p

I'm going every day to Sopot.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Carlos Moya Reaches FATP Generali Open Semifinals!
Moya Def. (1)Ferrero & Kuerten For 1st Semifinal Berth!

In just his second FATP Tournament, Carlos Moya finds himself in contention for his 1st Title! A week after falling in the 1st Round to James Balke 7-6 in the 3rd, Moya is in the Semifinals of the Generali Open. In the 1st Round, Carlos defeated #1 Juan Carlos Ferrero 6-1,0-6,6-4 in a highly contested baseline slugfest. Then, in the Quarterfinals, Moya overcame Gustavo Kuerten 7-5,0-6,6-0 to advance to his 1st Ever Semifinal appearance!

Q: How do you feel about reaching the Semifinals?

CM: I feel great, it's truly a dream come true. But although I've had a good result, I still want to win this thing. Hopefully, I will come home with my 1st Trophy!

Q: Who was harder to beat, Ferrero or Kuerten?

CM: Well, I'd have to see Ferrero because he was just coming of his title last week, and I knew he'd be difficult to beat. You just need to have confidence, and you can beat any player you want.

Q: How do you feel ab out playing Rafael Nadal next?

CM: Nadal has been playing fabulous tennis as well, but I know he just won his last match 7-5 in the 3rd, so maybe he'll be a little tired and I'll be able to win. Hw will be tough, but I think I can win it.

Q: Good Luck Carlos!

CM: Thank You!

·
Registered
258 Posts

Nadal beats claycourter Corretja... ON CLAY!

Rafael Nadal powered his way into the semifinals by beating Alex Corretja easily and Roger Federer in 3 hard-fought sets.
Rafael Nadal feels good about playing against Moya.
"I think Roger was the toughest one to get past, now I feel confident about taking the title."

·
Registered
350 Posts
Experience to meet in Semifinal

28 years old Franco Squillari and 33 years old Andre Agassi will met in the second semifinal tomorrow.
Both of them know about major victories and they will not feel intimidated. They know well each other and the match promises to be amazing.

·
Registered
258 Posts
14 days rain delay? :confused:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Felix
(Moderator)

Last Activity: Yesterday 07:33 PM
Strange, Felix seems to be online everyday... :confused:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts