754 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Felix said:

Men's Singles Semifinal Result

Mardy Fish [3] def. Marc Kimmich [1] 76(5) 06 60

Andy Roddick [Q] def. Gustavo Kuerten [4] 06 75 61 :eek:

FINAL : Fish vs Duck. :worship:

Men's Doubles Semifinal Result

Johansson/Grosjean def. Kimmich/Safin 63 76(7)
Federer/Gasquet [2] def. Gonzales/Schuttler 76(6) 76(7)

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Go Team R for the title :yeah:

·
Registered
65 Posts
The God-duck

American hunk-o-burnin'-love Andy Roddick is set to play his very first FATP singles final! We all know how good he is in doubles with his partner-in-crime Mardy Fish. Ironicly enough those 2 players are opposite eachother in the final! A spectacle indeed.

Forget Oprah, forget soppy stories. The real tears will come from this final. Expect tension, heath, music, drama, musical dansing, gay variety hour and of corrs tennis. Lets not forget this tournament is Andy's breaktrough! He seemed to be jinxed by something so that he couldn't win 2 consecutive singles matches. That has changed now with a different tactic he and his trainer worked out. Will he win the title? No one knows. All we know is that the world will be on the edge of their seat! Enjoy!

(Brought to you by 'Happy Lubricant'©2005)

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
The fight for the rule of the pond!

The Fish and the duck who have shared a storng and somewhat questionable relationship are going to war in the final. Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish who can usually be seen hugging and kissing on court after doubles wins or loses will be on the opposite side of the net in the final in Memphis Rotterdam this week.
Will feathers fly or will fish get fried thats the question, not so long ago they played each other in the first round of a tournament (the fish came out on top in that one) but this is a whole different kettle of......er fish :rolleyes: Who's it gonna be? They usually go in with the same tactic to take their doubles trophies but this week it's all change so who's gonna win it? Be damned if we here at pot wekkley know.
Johnny Potsmoker caught up with Mardy Fish in the absense of Smokey McPot who is still recovering form his strange late night attack last week.

Johnny: So Mardy you're playing your doubles partner this week who's gonna come out on top?
Mardy: Andy's always on top he likes to be in charge of me says it's the way it's meant to be.
Johnny: But you beat him last time you played didn't you?
Mardy: Oh you mean on court.. erm yes well I don't know it depends what outfit he wears i guess I used to usemy hair to cover my eyes when he did things to distract me but well i can't do that any more so i don't know. Hopefully I'll come out on top if not then hell at least I'll lose to someone i like.
Johnny: So what were youtalking about before then?
Mardy: Tennis
Johnny: No when you said any liked to be on top and in charge
Mardy: erm...*long pause* ah yes well..erm i was talking about wrestling, yes wrestling that was it
Johnny: Wrestling?
Mardy: Yes Andy likes to wrestle and he likes to be on top.
Johnny: Well thats hardly surprising is it? I mean thats how you win wrestling isn't it?
Mardy: What? Is it? Andy told me the idea was to hold each other for as long as possible and get very sweaty.
Johnny: Well thats not how it's meant to be played.
Mardy: He said it was the rules of the pond.
Johnny: Ahh yes pond wrestling that famous sport that has long been waiting to be added to the gay sex olympics.
Mardy: What are you trying to say?
Johnny: Nothing.. nothing at all nothing for you to be worrying about i'm sure it's a great sport.
Mardy: *somewhat reassured* Okay then well yes Andy likes to be on top in that.
Johnny: Good for him *tries incredibly hard to keep a straight face* So again who's gonna come out on top in this match.
Mardy: The one who can keep his head above water longer. Or the one who can hold his breathe under water longest.
Johnny: Well surely that would be you you're a fish.
Mardy: Yes he's a duck and he stays above water, so I really don't know i woudln't like to say I'll be happy either way so long as i get a hug and a kiss at the end.
Johnny: So no feathers flying in this one then
Mardy: I didn't say that if i get an opportunity to tear the duck apart on court then i will do, but he might try but if he gets an opportunity to eat me he probably will.
Johnny: So all bonds of fellowship shall be broken then.
Mardy: There may be a day when we forsake all bonds of fellowship but it is not this day! Not this day
Johnny: So whats this day then?
Mardy: Today is Saturday.....erm i mean Today we fight!
Johnny: It's Sunday Mardy
Mardy: Well oops yeah eiether way we still fight

So sounds like all bets are off on this one sounds like it's gonna be a close one personally my bets on the duck theres some anger in those ducks eyes it's almost like he's got fed up with the fish's on court dominance and the off court dominance isn't enough for him anymore. but I don't think I'd discount the fish either they can be notioursly slippy characters. It'll be fun to watch though. Perhaps if Andy does take it he may let Mardy be on top during the "pond wrestling" who knows.

Bring on the pond war!
Let battle commence

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Men's Singles Finale Result

Mardy Fish [3] def. Andy Roddick [Q] 60 06 75
Felix Note : The match was :yawn:.Fish gets his second title of the season. viva.

Men's Doubles Finale Result

Johansson/Grosjean def. Federer/Gasquet [2] 60 76(6)
Felix Note : The Pimpim and Sebby team wins their third consecutive double title :worship:. Impressive. Both are playing sooooooooooo good and they have a clear strategy in mind and that's why they have been winning lots of matches as of late. Well deserved.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
And btw Fish, this is not Memphis. It's freaking Rotterdam. :p

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Felix said:
And btw Fish, this is not Memphis. It's freaking Rotterdam. :p
:lol: yeah i noticed that after i wrote it and was gonna edit it and it messed up on me! so haven't been back yet! it's andys fault i've been writing memphis all week on my Roddick Online updates so was on automatic pilot i'll edit it now if it lets me!

viva la fish :) and there is nothing boring about fish versus duck how could yawn at them,

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Fish stuffs duck to remain king of pond.

Best buds and doubles partners Mardy Fish and Andy Roddick went to head in the final today and the fish came out on top. It was a strange encounter the fish bageled the duck in the first set, only to allow the duck to give him a baglein return in the second "i was felling sorry for him" said the formally long haired fish. "he looked so depressed after the first set i figured i should just give him the 2nd so i just netted everything i could and let the serves go past me".
The 3rd set went to a tie break which Fish took to claim his second title of the year, a welcome return to form for the American who went out in the first round of his last 2 tournaments. "It's been a tough couple of weeks as I said at the beginning things have been happening off the court and my coachhas been ill so it's nice to be able to win this one, and stay on top of the pond".
The duck did have an amazing week, having never won more than one game at a time before to turn it around and storm into the finals will no doubt have given him some extra confidence. "I think he played great this week" explained Fish "it's like he had an extra zest for the game". The week started strangely when Roddick was seen having an argument with Lleyton Hewitt, but that seemed to have done him some good purhaps he should argue with the aussie more often. Hopefully the ducks newly found singles form and the fishs recovered form can continue and reawaken their doubles game which has suffered in recent weeks.
"it's like a marriage sometimes we're up sometimes we're down but we're always together and it all works out in the end" explained Fish, we're not entirely sure whether he was talking about their doubles partnership or their off the court relationship which has been in the press in recent weeks, who knows and lets be quite honest who cares? The fish is back on form with trophy number 2 and fighting for his ranking again and the duck has finally found some form which we hope shall continue for a long time yet.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Felix said:
Men's Doubles Finale Result

[/font]
Seems a nightmare :banghead:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Felix said:

Men's Singles Finale Result

Felix Note : The Pimpim and Sebby team wins their third consecutive double title :worship:. Impressive. Both are playing sooooooooooo good and they have a clear strategy in mind and that's why they have been winning lots of matches as of late. Well deserved.

Pimmy and Sebastien RULE doubles! (I'd say more, but I'm really, really sick and I'm going to bed now.)

·
Registered
743 Posts
silverwhite said:
Team R :help: Getting beaten THREE weeks in a row by the same team. :rolleyes: :haha:
At this point, I think it's safe to say that Sebastien and Joachim have made Team R their bitches.

(Though that may be the cold medicine talking.)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts