Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start a fantasy football (aka soccer) team. Just as a side hobby, nothing serious.

Is premier league fantasy football any good? Can you recommend me any other good app for it? I have zero experience on the matter (besides watching The League a while ago).

Any recommendation/experience is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Yeah. The premier league one is good.
The Espn one but isn't bad either but I don't think there's anyone as popular as the official EPL one.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Played the premier league one for several years (no longer though). It was ok (and popular).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. The EPL game is supposedly free, but what is the catch?

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Thanks for the responses. The EPL game is supposedly free, but what is the catch?
There's no catch AFAIK. Probably just one way to market the product (EPL) I guess. I've also played Yahoo Fantasy Basketball which is also free. There you also have the money league option though. I'm not sure if the EPL game has this as well, but when I was playing in the free version you were also part of the overall competition together with every other player which had some prizes for the top ranked players. And you can set up private leagues (and come up with your own fees and prizes outside the game, which we did).

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Mtf used to have an fpl league but eventually it faded out because people lost interest over the course of a 38 game season.
Which brings me to the point about private leagues. I think the best way to stay motivated through out the season is by having a private league with people that are serious about it.
That way, you get motivated to actually update your roster every week.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, I appreciate your help

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would like to start a fantasy football (aka soccer) team. Just as a side hobby, nothing serious.

Is premier league fantasy football any good? Can you recommend me any other good app for it? I have zero experience on the matter (besides watching The League a while ago).

Any recommendation/experience is appreciated.
Haven't played it, but I follow a few regulars on Twitter, since they post interesting stuff.
There is a very hardcore community, and it is a very popular game.
Sky Sports also have a quite popular PL fantasy game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts