Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special K to beat Monaco $1.85

Good Luck !

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is @2.20 at most of the bookies
Anyway, I am thinking about this bet, Monaco played horrible against Llodra, Kohli is not a big server so may be Monaco will play different today but I will think a little bit more about this one

Oh yep!
Thanks.

I think Monaco should be dead tired after his match with llodra while kohli is quite fresh.

P.S 3 star hotel for me in bulgaria? :lol:

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
I would search for another bookmaker balloon! Yesterday you opened the thread with Korolev @ 2 and today you have Kohlschreiber @ 1.85. He is now 2.23 at Pinny and i believe Korolev paid as much as 2.85ish yesterday..

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
definitely the safest bet since Youz over druggie last week...

BENNETEAU over Ferrero @2.60, 10 units
after Mugro and Ferrer, Benneteau is going to defeat another spaniard...
hard fight between jcf & massu, maybe jcf could suffer heat...I hope
but the true surprise is Benneteau, so concrete and regular in NZealand.
With even more concentration he can win his first atp title

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
I am wondering how much fatigue will play a role in this matchup. Naturally i would back Monaco but having played three matches the last couple of days with a long three-setter against Llodra yesterday. Kohlschreiber didn't have to play two matches on 1 day and won in SS yesterday and had a lot more time to recover as he was out first while Monaco was only the third match yesterday.

My guess is that Kohlie will come out with a lot more energy than Monaco and i have to admit those 2.23 look tempting..

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Tennis is a mental game...

I rate monaco highly when it comes to focus and determination, kolh on the otherhand is rather weak mentally which has thus far not enabled him to progress to the level he wants, monaco has already achieved this confident mentality by winning a clutch of atp titles last year.

I am still not convinced by kohlie, monaco has had the harder draw here this week and has impressed, also add in the factor that kohlie is error prone and has a negative h2h against monaco.

Monaco is more reliable here i reckon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stepanek - Guccione

Stepanek, @1,65, PinnacleSports, 3/10.

Radek feels very good right now(interview for Czech newspaper), winning easy against solid opponents and I can say that he is really hard to defeat in such a situation. He is very strong on serve, going to net often and in contrast to Berdych, he is more confident and stable in crucial situations. I am sure, he will be highly concentrated and very well prepared for this type of match as results even from his own words before this duel.
Unfortunatelly, in my oppnion, bookies are almost allright with odds. I have really problem to see value in offered odds. Still, I see Stepanek as favourite of the match, but only slight one, mainly despite big Gucci's results so far here, therefore only small stakes.:wavey:

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Tennis is a mental game...

I rate monaco highly when it comes to focus and determination, kolh on the otherhand is rather weak mentally which has thus far not enabled him to progress to the level he wants, monaco has already achieved this confident mentality by winning a clutch of atp titles last year.

I am still not convinced by kohlie, monaco has had the harder draw here this week and has impressed, also add in the factor that kohlie is error prone and has a negative h2h against monaco.

Monaco is more reliable here i reckon.
I was thinking the same when i bet on Monaco to beat Querry in Cincinatti last year. He showed absolutely no mental focus and determination. He got a couple of breakpoints on 5-5 in the second set. He blew them by some stupid UE. He then threw his racket all over the court and got broken the next game while serving at 4-6 *5-6. At least at that game he wasn't mentally strong..The only thing that keeps me away right now is the 2-0 H2H. But the last time they met Monaco was in excellent form resulting in his Kitzbuhel trophie..

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Yeah i know where your comming from sheva but it is a known fact that pico struggles against big servers especially on hard courts.

He just about won yesterday but got past a very significant mental hurdle by over-comming the big serving frenchman.

Kohlies game holds no fears for pico, should play right into his hands and monaco should feel more comftable and expressive out there later on.

I agree tiredness factor keeps stakes minimal though, i have got bigger fish to fry over in hobart.

gl

·
Registered
853 Posts
Benneteau for me too! @2.55 is a great odd for a 50-50 match!!

i'd like to bet on Santoro, but power of Tursunov worry me!!! what do you think?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Hobart Final

danilidou vs zvonereva

Vera undoubtedly the better player but Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/....asp?PlayerID=40313&Player1ID=260142&x=10&y=9

Is there something special in 1-2 H2H even if those two defeats were on hard? I doubt that in WTA surface plays as big role as in ATP. I don't know the odds for this match, but I wouldn't pay much attention to H2H here as it doesn't say a lot except the fact that they have played 3 times in the past and know each other.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I see Kohlschreiber with very small chances against Monaco today . His style of play is perfect for the argie and I believe anything Kohlschreiber does Juan can do even better . Everybody would struggle against Llodra yesterday esp in the first set so its no shame he lost the first one . Well he blew break up every time in the third but I still think hes much better on a court like this against the german . Plus if you are talking about just 3 matches in 2 days , well its a lot but Kohlschreiber got to finals last week in doubles and won it plus he played in singles where he lost to Ljubo .

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Good night gents!

Short preview due to the fact that all relevant reasons have been already listed....
German has cercumvented really mediocre opposition this season....noone has given him decent run for his money....Hernandez,Volandri.....Fading Ljubicic? Even really mediocre contenders have managed to break and shake Kohlie in Auckland due to Germans sudden slumps.....Phil is fragile and Juan who has just stunned the man on FIRE is definetly capable to show Phil his current cons.....Surface is slow and Clay H2H shows clear competitive edge,Thats not grulling Australians melting conditions and not the proper time of the season to be too much agitated with potential fatique issues....1.85 with confidence on Monaco for me......;)

·
Banned
235 Posts
definitely the safest bet since Youz over druggie last week...

BENNETEAU over Ferrero @2.60, 10 units
after Mugro and Ferrer, Benneteau is going to defeat another spaniard...
hard fight between jcf & massu, maybe jcf could suffer heat...I hope
but the true surprise is Benneteau, so concrete and regular in NZealand.
With even more concentration he can win his first atp title
Stop insulting Nadal as "druggie":rolleyes:
There is no safe bet, mug.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts