Mens Tennis Forums banner

How emotional do you get?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we’re a month away from the final slam of the year, and I already find myself getting agitated around Fedal fans. My posts are getting snippier and I’m hitting the “edit” button more often than an ESL learner (SportsTennis etc).

Do you find yourself getting overly emotional during the slams? If so, what do you feel: excitement, happiness, explosive rage?

I was raised on hockey, a sport where fighting is celebrated and encouraged…so that’s my excuse for being an aresclown.

How about you?

take the poll...

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I'm just an unbiased analyst of the game. My posts reflect this.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets be serious people. No cynical posts.

Tell us about yourself...:cool:

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
I have favorite players, but I'm cool as Ghandi when they're losing

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
I rage a lot when favs are losing, but I am usually calm like 10/20 mins or so after. About 99% of the time I am not even rude when my favs are losing I just rage swear etc and say bad shit about their opponent :L. When I was at the Wimbledon Semi Final between Djokovic and Dimitrov there was lots of Pro Dimi fanss around me, I was getting really anxious when Dimi was close to taking 4th set, pro Dimi fans around me getting excited and a woman staring at me like I was a piece of shit for shouting 'COME ON DJOKOVIC'. If it wouldn't have got me kicked out I would have probably been swearing out loud but instead I kept it inside, the energy instead got channeled into more chants for Djokovic and every point he won I was fist pumping and letting it known who's side I was on. When Djokovic converted match point it was great feeling I could taste salty bitterness in the air from pro dimi fans.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I am an objective analyst too but voted for C.
I get agitated when federer fans attack and do not respect other players unreasonably. :)
I will take it easy when my favorite players are not winning, but appreciate their will and the great shots in those matches.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I rage a lot when favs are losing, but I am usually calm like 10/20 mins or so after. About 99% of the time I am not even rude when my favs are losing I just rage swear etc and say bad shit about their opponent :L. When I was at the Wimbledon Semi Final between Djokovic and Dimitrov there was lots of Pro Dimi fanss around me, I was getting really anxious when Dimi was close to taking 4th set, pro Dimi fans around me getting excited and a woman staring at me like I was a piece of shit for shouting 'COME ON DJOKOVIC'. If it wouldn't have got me kicked out I would have probably been swearing out loud but instead I kept it inside, the energy instead got channeled into more chants for Djokovic and every point he won I was fist pumping and letting it known who's side I was on. When Djokovic converted match point it was great feeling I could taste salty bitterness in the air from pro dimi fans.
:lol:
That feels great, doesn't it?
I remember when I saw the Roger-Novak match at the WTFs in London last year.
EVERYBODY was rooting for Roger, and they were soo loud that they drowned my voice and all the Nole fans' voices. We were scattered. So I shouted as hard as i could and people glared at me, but I didn't care.
They were on serve, and when Roger was serving to stay in the firts set, at 4-5, I waited till everybody was quiet and then I stood up and shouted: "TIME TO BREAK, NOVAK" (I was very close to the court, I wanted Novak to know that not everybody wanted him to lose). But a woman shushed me angrily, so I turned and said to her: "He's my adopted son. He'll do as he's told. JUST.YOU.WAIT....MADAM.". And of course he broke and took the first set and I was the only one in my section jumping up and down... It was beautiful!!
I get very excited during matches, shouting at the TV. But once it's over, I get over the result pretty quickly. I don't usually feel sad after losses.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
That feels great, doesn't it?
I remember when I saw the Roger-Novak match at the WTFs in London last year.
EVERYBODY was rooting for Roger, and they were soo loud that they drowned my voice and all the Nole fans' voices. We were scattered. So I shouted as hard as i could and people glared at me, but I didn't care.
They were on serve, and when Roger was serving to stay in the firts set, at 4-5, I waited till everybody was quiet and then I stood up and shouted: "TIME TO BREAK, NOVAK" (I was very close to the court, I wanted Novak to know that not everybody wanted him to lose). But a woman shushed me angrily, so I turned and said to her: "He's my adopted son. He'll do as he's told. JUST.YOU.WAIT....MADAM.". And of course he broke and took the first set and I was the only one in my section jumping up and down... It was beautiful!!
I get very excited during matches, shouting at the TV. But once it's over, I get over the result pretty quickly. I don't usually feel sad after losses.
Yes it certainly does feel great. At WTF SF last year I was sat in the upper tier way away from the fedtards who decided to support Wawa in the SF just because he was there, and in my section it was quite mixed so i wasn't too fussed, Novak vs Nadal Final was also very mixed.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About 99% of the time I am not even rude when my favs are losing I just rage swear etc and say bad shit about their opponent :L.

That was a great anecdote about your trip to wimbly this year. I assume there's a lot of hooliganism goin on the further you get up into the nosebleeds. Where were your seats? Do you feel the wimbly crowds have gotten progressively rowdier over the years because of Murphy's outbursts?

If it wouldn't have got me kicked out I would have probably been swearing out loud but instead I kept it inside, the energy instead got channeled into more chants for Djokovic and every point he won I was fist pumping and letting it known who's side I was on.
I admit I'm a bit envious for the way you were able to be passive aggressive like that. That could be the "genteel" part of your british dna.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I snark. Though not frequently.
You and Nutela complain a lot in the Nole Forum with the live commentary. :lol:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I waited till everybody was quiet and then I stood up and shouted: "TIME TO BREAK, NOVAK" (I was very close to the court, I wanted Novak to know that not everybody wanted him to lose).
LOL. That means it was close to a point starting. Did the ump say anything to you? Did Gargoyler yell at you?

·
10,285 Posts
My reactions for tennis are contained to my room and a coffee shop.

The latter is more interesting. Typically I choose a corner where people can't peak at my screen and than silently allez at epic points and than proceed to stare at random hipsters.

Really though I'm just in it for the tennis. I don't give a hoot for who is playing and who wins, I just want to see a good game.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts

That was a great anecdote about your trip to wimbly this year. I assume there's a lot of hooliganism goin on the further you get up into the nosebleeds. Where were your seats? Do you feel the wimbly crowds have gotten progressively rowdier over the years because of Murphy's outbursts?

I admit I'm a bit envious for the way you were able to be passive aggressive like that. That could be the "genteel" part of your british dna.
Meh there's a huge bunch of playertards in any section of Wimby crowd, since majority of the seats cost the same price whether front row or back row (front row is usually for the queueing ones). I was near the back. And I cannot judge, since this is only the 3rd time I've been and only the 2nd consecutive time. I do have to admit that I walked out of Centre COurt when Murray was playing crap and as soon as Wawa bent over I also walked out. Next year I will not enter the ballot, I will just watch real Tennis on the outside courts.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
Usually I'm pretty calm when I watch tennis, only when it's a really big point or a brilliant point where I start like saying c'mon or making some noise.

I only rage when my faves choke in very important matches, especially when it's against players I dislike. I don't rage when they lose because they are outplayed or that sort, if it's a big match, and they lose it's obviously disappointing but I don't rage unless they are unable to take their chances or choke. I did rage when Fed played against Murray this year, that choke in the 3rd was so frustrating.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts