1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Fun fact: Leo Borg is also a pretty decent actor. He portrayed a young version of his father in the 2017 movie Borg/McEnroe.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Fun fact: Leo Borg is also a pretty decent actor. He portrayed a young version of his father in the 2017 movie Borg/McEnroe.
He looks exactly like him. Is he good?
It's very rare children reach the same heights as their famous parents, but who knows... Borg was a rare talent. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a rarely talented kid, too.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I would love to see Borg junior on the ATP tour in a few years, best of luck to him!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Rogie has 4 kids so far, there's a chance for grand slam success there, the more kids you have, the more chances for them to win grand slams.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
It's very rare children reach the same heights as their famous parents, but who knows...
Because the talent goes not straight directly from father to son, mother to daughter etc., there is often too many factors involved.

Borg was a rare talent. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a rarely talented kid, too.
See above, also at historical figures you very – almost extremely rarely can detect a person whose father was a great statesman/entrepreneur.
Only in artist families it is somewhat more common, but same height... almost never.

Having said that I wish his son much success, should he further seriously pursue tennis as a bread winning activity.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Because the talent goes not straight directly from father to son, mother to daughter etc., there is often too many factors involved.

See above, also at historical figures you very – almost extremely rarely can detect a person whose father was a great statesman/entrepreneur.
Only in artist families it is somewhat more common, but same height... almost never.
Obviously the talent isn't automatically transferable. At the same time, nurturing and supportive environment coupled with natural athleticism can take a child long way. Many times we see children exceed parents' achievements, simply because they had greater support network during their development. But, of course, when we're talking about someone as special as Borg, that rare X factor comes in play.

I wish his son the best of luck, too. I haven't seen a single point from him, so I am curious. Maybe some of our Swedish posters know a bit more.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
The one topic MTF as a whole will agree on is which underwear he should strap on while playing.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
As what? I've never seen him play tennis if that's what you're asking.
As an actor he was pretty good at playing a quiet, determined young Bjorn Borg.

Damn I forgot to go see that movie. How was it?
It was a decent movie and interesting from a tennis history perspective but it was a Scandinavian production, which might have been the reason they focused primarily on Borg... McEnroe should have been given a bigger role imo. Shia Lebouf who played Mac is pretty entertaining.

Borg himself said that Gudnason's portrayal of him was very good too, the character's personality was scarily similar to himself at that age.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
As what? I've never seen him play tennis if that's what you're asking.
As an actor he was pretty good at playing a quiet, determined young Bjorn Borg.
As a tennis player, obviously. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see if he makes a name for himself in a few years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts