Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fabulous because the men are playing in Davis Cup and we are done with the WTA bullshit for the time being :banana:

Look forward to seeing the lines when they come out, might be some value on the slovaks in the singles.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Well, there is this thing going on in swedish troup about dehydration in India. Obviosly the players are sweating up to 10 litres each, every day..The condictions seem not to be that good..

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Guillermo Coria over Karol Beck @ $1.40 (3 Units)
Argentina over Slovak Republic @ $1.53 (1 Unit)
Ivan Ljubicic over Mikhael Youzhny @ $1.63 (1 Unit)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Czink to give free tennis lesson to Sprem @ $2.75!!
Leaning on the davis cup legend Nalbo over Hrbaty but not sure..any thoughts?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hrbaty is a DC beast!

Given DC starts late, wanted to get some early action with the WTA :rolleyes:

Peng to beat Groenefeld - $1.95

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
Mistaflava said:
this time using your brain, what are your thoughts on the match?
since you asked so nicely, I shall analyse the match-up for you.

First of all, the fact that the tie is taking place in Croatia won't phase the Russians - they don't seem to care where they play, they always seem to get the job done.

Ancic is in sh*te form. He went out in the 2nd round at the US Open to Djokovic, put up little fight against Hewitt in Cincy, struggled against Saulnier and Serra in Montreal before bowing out to Rusedski :shrug:. Prior to this, he lost to the hapless Srichaphan, and during the previous Davis Cup tie on the same surface Ancic lost in 5 sets to Pavel and struggled 7-6 7-6 against Hanescu (albeit was a dead rubber).

In Ancic's only previous tourney on carpet this year, he lost to unknown Sergiy Stakhovksy in the 2nd round, after struggling against lowly ranked Ulihrach in the 1st.

Davydenko on the other hand is having his best year at the top level, and has proven his versatility on all surfaces - remembering that he won the Kremlin Cup on carpet last year.

If Ancic can produce his best tennis this year, he stands a chance, but if he stays at the same level, Davydenko will wear him down. I also think that if Ancic loses this rubber badly, he is highly likely to lose the doubles and his reverse singles rubber as well - his confidence will be shot.

Oh, and following these 2 players, I'm still undecided as to whether its worth a bet, neither could be classified as 'reliable'.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wawrinka to give free tennis lesson to Murray on the red clay @ $1.85!! Wawrinka (clay court gun) vs Murray (average/crap player especially on clay)
Cya at the bank!! :wavey:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The One said:
Wawrinka to give free tennis lesson to Murray on the red clay @ $1.85!! Wawrinka (clay court gun) vs Murray (average/crap player especially on clay)
Murray was raised on the red clay mate - be careful

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The One said:
Can't believe I missed that one, looks like a pretty good play mate. Although Murray has posted some good results on the red stuff, they have all been at Future/Challenger level. Thats the only reason I can see why his price is relatively low. But Murray is yet to prove himself on clay at the highest level. Wawrinka is one of the better claycourters going around and he should do the business here in front of, what will hopefully be a vocal a home crowd.

Adding:

Wawrinka over Murray @ $1.83 (1.5 Units)

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
The One said:
Czink to give free tennis lesson to Sprem @ $2.75!!
Leaning on the davis cup legend Nalbo over Hrbaty but not sure..any thoughts?
Good luck One,like Czink aswell to move the lawn!!! Cash it champ!!!lean on Nalby over Hrbaty but not as strong aswell!!!On ground level Nalby should take care of Dom,Dom might have a slight advantage on serve but Nalby evens it up withis return of serves are pretty solid,especially if your serve isnt Safin or Federer!!!Dom will be hard to beat at home aswell!!!Laying either players not to win in STRAIGHT SETS could be a go!!!If Beck goes down to Coria which i got a feeling he could,then Hrbaty will be the men to get on in the 2nd match cos its pretty much a must win game and the crowd will go ballsitic,therefor Nalby most likely to CHOKE away!!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
bad gambler said:
Murray was raised on the red clay mate - be careful
Murray lost to Cilic at RG juniors, neither have had success on the surface at the top level, so going off that form compared to Wawinka's results on dirt this year, add the fact that the Swiss home crowd won't offer dipshit Murray any support ala Wimbledon/US Open, Wawa should walk this one.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Breaker said:
Can't believe I missed that one, looks like a pretty good play mate. Although Murray has posted some good results on the red stuff, they have all been at Future/Challenger level. Thats the only reason I can see why his price is relatively low. But Murray is yet to prove himself on clay at the highest level. Wawrinka is one of the better claycourters going around and he should do the business here in front of, what will hopefully be a vocal a home crowd.

Adding:

Wawrinka over Murray @ $1.83 (1.5 Units)
Holy Doly mate did you mentioned Vocal Home Crowd!!!Piggy back me to the BANK aswell guys!!Thats GOLD-BY CHIEF HARRAGON ;) :wavey:

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
its.like.that said:
Murray lost to Cilic at RG juniors, neither have had success on the surface at the top level, so going off that form compared to Wawinka's results on dirt this year, add the fact that the Swiss home crowd won't offer dipshit Murray any support ala Wimbledon/US Open, Wawa should walk this one.
Agree Chief!!!Thats GOLD champ!!! :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
A TIP for anyone b4 betting Hrbaty/Nalby game!!!Watch the Beck/Coria game and if it looks like Beck is going down,take Hrbaty over Nalby IMO!!!!The DOM is GOOD!!!!Dont forget!!!Also too much to play for Dom will rise and Nalby will freak!!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts