Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 was a great year for Fabio, winning 3 titles out of 4 finals (first hardcourt title as well, destroying del Potro) and hitting career high. He looked more focused than ever, with little clowning on the court. BUT, the best is yet to come.
In Paris, the best result for him was QF in 2011, but he had to withdraw after that legendary win against Montañés ( :spit: ).
Anyway, my prediction is that Fabio Fognini will win Roland Garros defeating both Djokovic and Nadal along the way.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Wrong! He will win in 2020 too!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Fognini's' current coach is Franco Davin, the man who coached Gaston Gaudio to the FO title. Like Fognini, Gaudio was very talented, but a complete mental case. Franco Davin has had a good impact on Fognini this year, particularly the mental aspect. Still, I would say that winning the FO is a bit far fetched. But then, nothing is impossible.

·
Registered
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
523 Posts
Fognini is an exciting player to watch when on song, but don't think he can win the FO, and certainly not by beating both Djokovic and Nadal on the way!

·
Registered
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fognini is an exciting player to watch when on song, but don't think he can win the FO, and certainly not by beating both Djokovic and Nadal on the way!
Given your username, I won't expect you to agree with my GOAT prediction. :boxing:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
He will win CYGS next year - this is a confirmed info.

·
10,284 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
A deep run is very possible but hard to see him winning 7 five set matches in a row. Only one top 10 win in 2018.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Fognini's peak is very overrated. He did beat Nadal at USO and played great there but that was just 2015dal.
Two Masters semifinals he reached, he lost very meekly in.

He knows a big win is not coming for him so he plays many smaller tournaments, good for him.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
The Fog could even triple bagel Nadal if he cared for longer than one consecutive point.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts