• Federer will fall out or retire, departing the top 4

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Murray's recent gains evaporate, he slips out of the 4

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Djoko's season a flash in the pan, he burns out of the 4

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Nadal can't solve the Djoko 2.0, mentally breaks down out of the 4

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • More than one departs, the center can not old- the 4 is ended.

Votes: 10 13.0%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Fab Four weather 2012?

In 2011, Djokovic and Murray have moved up, Federer and Nadal have moved down, but in a many ways, the fab 4 have looked as unassailable as ever. Two grand slams have finished with the final 4 intact, the other two having 3/4. 3 players have shared all the masters tournaments and gobbled up a number of smaller titles as well. Fed has reached a new low this year, but still seems miles above Ferrer, his next closest competitor.

What is in store for them in 2012?

Reactions: Ouragan

·
Registered
27,321 Posts
Fab Four? More like Fab THREE!

Amirite?

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Mugray will be out of top 4 next year; the huge mouth luck will finally run out and he'll finally begin the downward spiral which will take him out of top 10 by the end of 2012 :drool:

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
I believe the top 4 ranked players of the year-end 2012 rankings will be the same four as in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No such thing as fab 4.

2 legends, 1 guy whos dethroned 2 legends, 1 under achiever
You can squawk to your hearts content, it doesn't change the year end rankings :wavey:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Mugray doesn't deserve his rank and his obnoxious and annoying fans like Sapeod and MuzzahLovah should be banned from general forums. I am looking forward to 2012 where Mugray will fail yet again in Melbourne, RG, Wimbledon, Olympics and USO :wavey:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mugray doesn't deserve his rank and his obnoxious and annoying fans like Sapeod and MuzzahLovah should be banned from general forums. I am looking forward to 2012 where Mugray will fail yet again in Melbourne, RG, Wimbledon, Olympics and USO :wavey:
Oh, don't mind me, I'm just going to bask in Murray's victories and bageling of Nadal a little longer.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

·
Registered
61,215 Posts
Ferrer is kinda by himself atm- way behind Federer, way ahead of Berdych. But he's actually closing in on Fed, within 1000

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
I believe the top 4 ranked players of the year-end 2012 rankings will be the same four as in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Soderling was year-end nr4 in 2010. Seems like people totally forget he was nr4 from nov to april just because they are obsessed with a fab four. Which sounds a bit gay anyway. Gay as in happy. No prejudice here

But yes both Del Potro and Soderling has shown they can rack up enough points to break the top4. So one of them might do in 2012 or 2013

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Soderling was year-end nr4 in 2010. Seems like people totally forget he was nr4 from nov to april just because they are obsessed with a fab four. Which sounds a bit gay anyway. Gay as in happy. No prejudice here

But yes both Del Potro and Soderling has shown they can rack up enough points to break the top4. So one of them might do in 2012 or 2013
Soderling is like 26 I doubt he will be a factor in 2013

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Soderling is like 26 I doubt he will be a factor in 2013
Yeah forgot how much he needs his lightning quick movement and defensive game :p by 28-29 he will be Olderling. I mean look at Fed, Ferrer, Fish they can barely walk

No actually top50 has exactly how many players younger than 22? one? Tennis is turning into the sport for players aged 25+ these days :)

·
Registered
427 Posts

He wasn't year end no.4.

He was no.4 going into WTF but Murray took no.4 back at the end of WTF only to lose it before the Australian Open.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts
I'm afraid that Federer will probably fall out and be replaced by Ferrer or perhaps Tsonga. He'll stay. Other than that, the top 4 will stay the same, with Andy ending the year ranked #2 or #1.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I'm afraid that Federer will probably fall out and be replaced by Ferrer or perhaps Tsonga. He'll stay. Other than that, the top 4 will stay the same, with Andy ending the year ranked #2 or #1.
number 1 for sure ...he will win CYGS and a Gold Medal....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts