Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Im considering the dire state of the field. This is the worst ATP and Mens field since the Open Era started.

2. Nadal is injured and is barely getting thru the matches on his best surface. He will struggle on grass.

3. Djokovic is out of form in BO5 grand slam play.

4. Alcaraz has yet to develop a potent first serve, enough to win a BO5 grand slam on grass.

5. Zverev is injured - he would've been a top contender if he wasnt seriously injured.

6. FAA played Nadal close on his worst ever surface(clay). That means he'll be really tough on grass. Has a big serve and big groundstrokes- enough to win titles on grass.

7. Tsitsipas and Medvedev- Tsitsipas is the worst grass court player, and Med is only OKish.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
He is one of the favorites but only because the field stinks. I don't trust Alcaraz but he could go crazy here as well if he controls the aggression.
Alcaraz no big first serve. you need a big one to win wimbledon- looking at all the past winners all had big serves. However he is a top 2 contender (slightly ahead of rafa) given the quicker conditions will favour his groundstrokes. Auger aliassime is in the top 6 contenders.

·
Premium Member
15,875 Posts
Bumping Wimbledon W predictions

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I have to say i think he has a good shot if he doesnt have to face djokovic who has the highest chance to win it. He has to be on his A game and abuse the shit out of his serve and the current weaker crop of players on grass.

·
Your visions will happen
58,102 Posts
He just got crushed by Novak who is still warming up so I don't see it unless someone else beats Nole

·
Registered
Stan Wawrinka
5,803 Posts
He is the No. 4 favourite, so we all expect him in QF/SF. A final wouldn't be a surprise at all.
A tournament win wouldn't be a huge one too.

·
Your visions will happen
58,102 Posts

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
1. Im considering the dire state of the field. This is the worst ATP and Mens field since the Open Era started.

2. Nadal is injured and is barely getting thru the matches on his best surface. He will struggle on grass.

3. Djokovic is out of form in BO5 grand slam play.

4. Alcaraz has yet to develop a potent first serve, enough to win a BO5 grand slam on grass.

5. Zverev is injured - he would've been a top contender if he wasnt seriously injured.

6. FAA played Nadal close on his worst ever surface(clay). That means he'll be really tough on grass. Has a big serve and big groundstrokes- enough to win titles on grass.

7. Tsitsipas and Medvedev- Tsitsipas is the worst grass court player, and Med is only OKish.
You didn't analyze Berrettini or Hubie (forgot sp?)

Likely, given your analysis is right, Wimby will be won by any of these two, and FAA way behind with possible stinking it up before against anybody hot that day. The latter just doesn't have the winning mind of the first two.

·
Your visions will happen
58,102 Posts
Any footage of it since i missed it?

Short transition to Grass is never easy for the youngsters but what in his game was lacking after the impressive FO & AO runs?
Not much is missing, just a bit more consistency in the biggest moments. Wimbledon could be his time, could be USO, anything can happen

Here's some highlights

1 - 16 of 16 Posts