Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's break it down. Djokovic is the most unlucky player of all time. The real opponents that are causing the most trouble are off court.
I'm not talking about fixed draws, tired of explaining how the system works. I still can't believe the current grandslam holders are all on Djokovic side.
Djokovic-Wawrinka-Cilic are all drawn in the top half, but enough of that.

We should ask ourselves why Djokovic is so succesful at AO? The answer is simple, AO provides the least external factors.

If I take Djokovic whole career under a magnifying glass there will be a wall of text, to prevent that we will observe only prime Djokovic.

We are going to observe every single grandslam loss to see what caused it.

- 2011 FO Djokovic vs Federer
Djokovic had 4 days of break due to Fognini retiring, losing timing and rhythm. This is essential against opponents like Federer who hardly give you any chance to find your momentum. What makes it worst is that Federer was serving like never before, preventing Djokovic even further to find his groundstrokes.

- 2012 Roland Garros final Djokovic vs Nadal
Djokovic finaly found his momentum serving with a break up in the 4th set, sadly the play was suspended duo to rain. After they came back Djokovic was never the same.

- 2012 Wimledon Djokovic vs Federer

Even Federer himself admitted he was lucky post match.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/tennis/18740443

- USO 2012 Djokovic vs Murray
Djokovic match suspended vs Ferrer, forced to come back next day giving Murray a physical adventage in the finals, no wonder Murray won in 5 sets. I dont even need to mention the wind.

- 2013 FO Djokovic vs Nadal

Pascal Maria made terrible overules, also refusing to water the courts.

- 2013 Wimbledon Djokovic vs Murray

Played a tough 5 setter vs Del Potro before the finals.

- 2013 USO Djokovic vs Nadal

Another 5 set semis marathon vs Wawrinka before the finals

- 2014 AO Djokovic vs Wawrinka

Wawrinka's opponent retired half way through in the first round, perfect training I would say. In the 3rd round Wawrinka gets yet another buy, finding his rhythm again in the fourth perfectly prepared for a 5 set marahton against Djokovic.

- 2014 FO Djokovic vs Nadal

Only Djokovic himself is to blame for this loss. Djokovic was breathing heavenly even in the first set, but I think it's more of a mental thing. Kudos to Nadal clean victory as far as I know, will need Chico to confirm this one.

- 2014 USO Djokovic vs Nishikori

One of the weirdest tennis matches I have ever seen. I have my own theories regarding Uniqlo, but a more reasonble factor is probably the baby.
There is absolutely no way Nishikori who played 2 epics in a row, outrallies Djokovic to prevail to the finals. That's just ridiculous.

- 2015 FO Djokovic vs Wawrinka

Playing 3 days in a row in a best of 5. If it's not difficult enough to play after a 5 set marathon, they decide not to give Djokovic any day off.

- 2015 Wimbledon

Djokovic is again the victim of external factors. Match suspended, forced to come back tomorrow.

Out of 12 last grandslams, there were only 2 losses that can't be argued.

- Nadal vs Djokovic 2014 FO
- Federer vs Djokovic Wimbledon 2012
eventho Federer admit he was lucky to prevail, I still believe he was the deserving winner.

I want you to consider the following what I'm about to tell you. These are merely losses, but what about the wins? If there is one negative about AO, its that one semi finalist always has one extra day of rest, take Murray for example at this years AO. Not only did Djokovic play a 5 setter in the semis, but he also has one day less to rest. Somehow Djokovic always draws the short straw...

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have done my work around the losses, if someone has the time and energy to analyse Djokovic wins, I'm sure we can find plenty of external factors there as well which Djokovic managed to overcome.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
oh boy

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
0.5/10. Better luck next time.

Reactions: Matt01

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
tl;dr

"AO is the only Slam" was enough Djoko-apologism for today. :lol:

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I provide facts mostly. :shrug: Today was another fine example. I can't simply ignore the external factors anymore.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
"External Factors" = Noletards version of Nadaltards' "injured", no?

If I lose, must be because of external factors, no?

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
- 2013 Wimbledon Djokovic vs Murray

Played a tough 5 setter vs Del Potro before the finals.

- 2013 USO Djokovic vs Nadal

Another 5 set semis marathon vs Wawrinka before the finals
All of your examples were quite funny but these were something special.
So now your opponent playing well is considered an "external factor"?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Let's break it down. Djokovic is the most unlucky player of all time. The real opponents that are causing the most trouble are off court.
I'm not talking about fixed draws, tired of explaining how the system works. I still can't believe the current grandslam holders are all on Djokovic side.
Djokovic-Wawrinka-Cilic are all drawn in the top half, but enough of that.

We should ask ourselves why Djokovic is so succesful at AO? The answer is simple, AO provides the least external factors.

If I take Djokovic whole career under a magnifying glass there will be a wall of text, to prevent that we will observe only prime Djokovic.

We are going to observe every single grandslam loss to see what caused it.

Wow, Djokovic only turned pro in 2011? You learn something new every day!

Let me help you here:

- 2005 to 2007: PLAYED LIKE A CHUMP
- 2008 RG to 2010: PLAYED LIKE A CHUMP

·
Administrator
9,591 Posts
Healthy Djokovic without external factors and without suffering HAARP still undefeated, no?

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"External Factors" = Noletards version of Nadaltards' "injured", no?

If I lose, must be because of external factors, no?
Not really, I could have easily used groin injury as a factor at this years FO. We can't really see whether sommeone is injured or not, also the players have mostly themselves to blame for the injury.

All of your examples were quite funny but these were something special.
So now your opponent playing well is considered an "external factor"?
The fact you are gassed out in the following match is indeed a factor.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Not really, I could have easily used groin injury as a factor at this years FO. We can't really see whether sommeone is injured or not, also the players have mostly themselves to blame for the injury.

The fact you are gassed out in the following match is indeed a factor.
Yup, but Djoko has only himself to blame for that. So no external factor

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
This is rather thought provoking. Yoda who do you think will win the 5th set btwn him and Anderson?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Djokovic had 4 days of break due to Fognini retiring, losing timing and rhythm. This is essential against opponents like Federer who hardly give you any chance to find your momentum. What makes it worst is that Federer was serving like never before, preventing Djokovic even further to find his groundstrokes.
and then...

- 2015 FO Djokovic vs Wawrinka

Playing 3 days in a row in a best of 5. If it's not difficult enough to play after a 5 set marathon, they decide not to give Djokovic any day off.

- 2015 Wimbledon

Djokovic is again the victim of external factors. Match suspended, forced to come back tomorrow.
I can't describe how much I hate this arrogant fanbase and their so overrated player.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Please do try to describe it only then will I know whats really bothering you. Why is Djokovic overrated? No one considers him goat.
Oh yeah, maybe not you but many of his fanbase consider him GOAT, top 3 All-time, best indoor player ever, etc.

ps and why you don't talk about 2014 Wimbledon when he was allowed to cheat and got lucky against the goat?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts