Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factor 1: A polish art student in London created this beatiful animation about Novak winning Wimbledon. She sent it to Novak right before the match against Anderson. :)

Factor 2: A Japanese girl on her deathbed (blood cancer) said her wish was to get an autograph from Nole (and that she did get). She is also watching him live during Wibledon. Here's a Google translate of the news:

Tomoka Sumitanji the 19-year-old Japanese woman suffering from blood cancer, is in the hospital awaiting the inevitable end.

The last wish of her life was that of Novak Djokovic receives jersey as a gift.

Embassy of Serbia in the Japanese capital has managed to make contact with associates Novak Djokovic and they told her it was our best tennis player broke and signed a jersey for a young Japanese woman, and that her precious souvenir that will be sent directly.

The news has already reached Tomoko. Her uncle Shigeki journalist of RTS expressed gratitude to Novak and his team, the Embassy of Serbia and our television for help.

"Tomoka cried when I told her the news, and with it, we cried and I and nurses. We all seem to her color returned to his cheeks. She said she will now fight the most you can to at least come to a state that can receive visits and personally thank the people from Serbia who helped her, "said Shigeki Sumitanji.

Tomoka for Novak began to cheer when she was in the upper grades of elementary school, at a time when there was not among the elite players of the planet, because she liked the way he treated the collectors balls. She loved to see how imitates other tennis players.

Japanese tsunami in 2011 lost both parents, and since then about her old uncle.

Struggling with a deep depression and panic attacks, she stopped going to school, playing tennis and follows the success of Novak.

Many months later, while living with his uncle in Tokyo, she woke up desire to see Novak's matches live, and since he can not come at the ATP tournament in Tokyo, decided to go to work to make money for the plane ticket and looked at his appearances at Roland Garros or Wimbledon.

However, just at a time when money is collected and started to plan the way to Europe, Tomoka is suffering from pancytopenia, incurable immune disease in which the number of white and red blood cell count drops dramatically and death occurs most often as a result of unutrašnjog bleeding.

In this struggle, however, in her new dream was born. The only one who now has. To take into their own hands shirt racket used by Novak.​

Factor 3: Novak and Jelena celebrated their relationship anniversary just yesterday.

This is the stuff that keeps Novak going in life and tennis, that's the kind of person he is. With this kind of motivation there was no way Novak could lose Wimbledon! I knew it the moment I saw that 'Ajde' clip. :worship:

EXTERNAL FACTORS FTW! :)

Reactions: nole_no1 and Vladoz

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Greatest thread on external factors. :bowdown:

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Factor 4: The aging of Federer's body.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Unbeaten "positive external factor" Djokovic :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tomoko and her tragic situation has shown how much Nole cares!

He has never spoke about it, but Nolefam knew about it as with so many other things he is doing!

Prayers for Tomoko!
I did not know anything about that case either until a few days ago. If you're in Nolefam and can reach Nole's team maybe you could suggest that Novak give a part of his prize money for Tomiko's medical treatment? I tried reaching his team before but had no luck.

P.S. Author of Ajde! will probably become a member of Novak's creative team. :woohoo:

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
This thread is just beautiful. Thank you OP :bowdown:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also Logos by joining Nolefam (short for we are all family) you can get in involved with Skype sessions Nole does.

Less since Stefan was born, but he does them and often with his brothers!
Yeah, saw some of those sessions. :) I'll try to find the time to apply for some, but once August starts it's back to college obligations again and less time for leisure activities. :mad:

@nole_no1 No problem, bro. ;)

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Factor 2 makes my heart warm...I can be a cold bastard when it comes to Noletards sometimes, but just hearing a story like that...I'm happy he won.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
The biggest factor was playing a 34 year old in the final.

I read the last time a player that old won wimbledon was over 60 years ago!

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Wow that story of the Japanese girl made me teary-eyed. I hope she can fight harder than ever before, taking inspiration from the champ. Best of luck to her

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Wow, I'm touched by this story and that girl's dedication to Nole while she's basically having to fight for her life. These stories about ordinary people keeps Djoker going, knowing that a lot of fans all over the world get much joy out of his tennis.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts