Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rankings Master
16,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sydney has been dealing with smoke haze for over a month now. It comes and goes as fires burn around the region and wind drives smoke towards the many suburbs around the city and the city itself, and the Olympic Park has been in smoke most of these weeks; if these fires persist into January, expect some days to have some very thick smoke which should lead to most if not all matches be played indoor on the newly upgraded Ken Rosewall Arena. I am not aware if any matches are scheduled on outside courts, if they are, they could get rescheduled or interrupted if conditions are bad.

Add this to the weather hater habits.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I fully expect Smokovic to struggle, given he has difficulty adapting to new playing conditions (i.e. lighter balls at RG '11, windturbines at USO '12 and RG '19, blue clay Madrid '12, speeded up plexicushion at AO '17 and '18, etc.).

·
Premium Member
12,348 Posts
I fully expect Smokovic to struggle, given he has difficulty adapting to new playing conditions (i.e. lighter balls at RG '11, windturbines at USO '12 and RG '19, blue clay Madrid '12, speeded up plexicushion at AO '17 and '18, etc.).
Lol that is a new one.

Reactions: scriabina

·
Premium Member
ИДЕМО НОЛЕ
11,087 Posts
BTW, Serbia is scheduled in Brisbane and has really poor chances to go further than Round Robin.
Probably reason why Nole commited in Adelaïde next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts