Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Nadal but only the player not the person
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No one cares about exhibitions it’s the equivalent of football pre-season training camp test matches. Nice to watch but completely pointless.
Wrong, I care.

Reactions: Quiet Earp

·
Your visions will happen
58,102 Posts
Some highlights so we know what we're talking about here

·
Your visions will happen
58,102 Posts
Alcaraz isn't going to over do it with the recent injury he had.
Yes a ton of strapping on his arm, very concerning. I think in time he can be very good on grass, but this year will be tough

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Nadal lost against Poullie in 2019 Exhibition before Wimbledon and Djokovic lost against Shapo in the same exhibition. Do not look too much into these exho results
These exhibition results don’t matter at all. Most of the time these guys are just getting their bearings on the grass, while also testing different things with their game. They aren’t going to push as hard as normal either.

Just for fun, I saw that 18 year old Zverev beat World #1 (at that time) Djokovic 6-4, 6-3 in their exhibition match in 2015. Djokovic then went on to beat Federer in the finals in 4 sets. Zverev lost in the 2nd round to Dennis Kudla. Food for thought here folks!

·
Registered
Nadal but only the player not the person
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The difference is these guys like Djokovic don't take exhos seriously, while Nadal and Alcaraz always give 100% in exhos.

·
GOAT Predictor
11,177 Posts
Exhibition results are utterly irrelevant. Heck, Djokovic managed to beat Murray on grass once in an exho but when it counts he of course hasn’t ever even won a set :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
The difference is these guys like Djokovic don't take exhos seriously, while Nadal and Alcaraz always give 100% in exhos.
Bs, they all take exhos half seriously, specially if they are risking injury, nobody will give 100% to prove you can win an exo match and risk missing the big tournament, you are a big troll dude.

You and McCracken the biggest trolls of 2022 lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts