Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you jump on me, I am aware it's an exhibition match, however it's important in preparations for Wimbledon that's just around the corner.

Novak had never lost to Denis before. Is this a lack of adequate preparation (Novak trained on hard courts in Serbia that has no grass court) and part of the process or a bad sign coming into Wimbledon.

Have your say.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I watched some before my stream died. Novak was casually S&V-ing and not running down every ball, not hitting too hard. Lighthearted exhibition effort. Shap had no pressure of official match and played some good winners. 1st set ended after 10 cm out serve of Shap was called in. He even wanted jokingly to shake umpire's hand after that. I hate Boodles btw. Such snobby event.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Before you jump on me, I am aware it's an exhibition match, however it's important in preparations for Wimbledon that's just around the corner.

Novak had never lost to Denis before. Is this a lack of adequate preparation (Novak trained on hard courts in Serbia that has no grass court) and part of the process or a bad sign coming into Wimbledon.

Have your say.
I saw most of the match before the Youtube stream was killed (a bit strange as it came from the official Boodles site).
Don't really know what to make of exhibition tennis like Boodles. I was surprised that Denis didn't opt for a WC at Eastbourne.
Nevertheless, Denis played well. He needed more match time on grass, and this he got.

·
justice for all
13,124 Posts
Good win for Denis even if it was just an exho. He's been struggling big time since the beginning of the clay season so any win is good at this stage. Hopefully he can rebuild his form and have a decent run in London.

As for Djokovic - I wonder whether his net rushing in RG SF vs Dominic was the start of the Wimbledon preparation. Hasn't worked out very well so far.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Good win for Denis even if it was just an exho. He's been struggling big time since the beginning of the clay season so any win is good at this stage. Hopefully he can rebuild his form and have a decent run in London.
Yeah, should be good for his confidence, even though this wasn't even a half arsed effort by DJ. Berdych will take it significantly more seriously (and infinitely more seriously than Fog), so their math tomorrow will likely be closer to the real life scenario.

·
|
14,293 Posts
Hard to believe its legal to post a thread like this and the Rafa-Cilic exho in this forum.
The thread and the OP should be locked up and have their key thrown away.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Djokovic and Nadal have lost exhos - a light of hope in the dark Djokodal era!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts