Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
............Are you Federer in disguise?? :aplot:

He sure as hell played like fed today!!!

:haha:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Blake's game starting this summer has been several notches above his level last year before he got injured. He's playing so great, its awesome to see him back and enjoying every last bit of his moments on court --its awesome

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
federer express said:
he played nothing like federer
so he didnt play amazingly well then? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Aleksa's Laydee said:
The result was great and the match also, but he surely didn't play like Federer because otherwise (except that Federer's opponent is an interesting player, such as Nadal or Santoro yesterday who gave a good, exciting match) I would have fallen asleep ;)

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Excuse me, Mr. Blake, I thought Robby had more chances of doing it. I was wrong, and God, I am so happy YOU did it. You deserve it man. Of all the players in the Open, you are the one that really deserves a break and a good win. :clap2:

Reactions: Juanquis.Angel

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Aleksa's Laydee said:
............Are you Federer in disguise?? :aplot:

:haha:
I know what you mean. His forehand was powerful, accurate and never missed. His backhand was totally solid - sometimes even hitting winners. His movement and his retrieving was exceptional. He even came to the net and hit some great volleys.

Today, Blake had no weaknesses AT ALL.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Impressive stuff from James today. I think he can make the quarters and even the semis if he doesn't run into Agassi.

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neely said:
The result was great and the match also, but he surely didn't play like Federer because otherwise (except that the opponent is an interesting player, such as Santoro yesterday who gave a good, exciting match) I would have fallen asleep ;)
:haha: ok...are you almost federer in disguise ;)

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
federer express said:
thats an assessment of standard. but the way he played, the approach to the match was very different from and federer has ever played!
omg...sorrrrrrrrrrry I only trying to have a joke...jeeez

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
mandoura said:
Excuse me, Mr. Blake, I thought Robby had more chances of doing it. I was wrong, and God, I am so happy YOU did it. You deserve it man. Of all the players in the Open, you are the one that really deserves a break and a good win. :clap2:
I agree. Good win for Blake.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
According to MaryC he's the 2003 Roddick.

Remember, he was summarily picked apart by Fed two years ago.
TF, I think that match was not a blowout--I remember the 20 breakpoints or something crazy in a single game. I don't remember it being a blowout although it was in straights

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Aleksa's Laydee said:
omg...sorrrrrrrrrrry I only trying to have a joke...jeeez
I got your joke.

Fedex, stop it.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
The last two sets were a blowout really. Nadal was being pushed around the court on every point, even with the BH at the end.

I think back to the FEd/Blake match at Cincy and how Blake could've won that with Fed a bit rusty. At that time, I just thought that Fed was rusty but now you can see how good Blake is playing.

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Nadal's serve was less effective than usual today. He served at an amazing 78% but didn't win too may free points. i know that he doesn't usually win a bundle of cheapies on his serve, but in the last two sets, he hardly won any. That means he had to get into and rally and Blake had a chance to hit a big FH to tkae control on almost all the points.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
James has really been in the zone these days. Not just at USO but at Pilot Pen too. I'm so happy for him. Happy to see him playing with confidence and fun. I really hope he can keep this up through the second week. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts