Mens Tennis Forums banner

Excluding Roland Garros, at which grand slam will Federer likely to be beaten first?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beginning from the loss of the famous match with Safin at AO 2005, he is unbeaten for 56 matches excluding Roland Garros. Also from the beginning of 2004 he is 82-1. If we include his first grand slam win in Wimbledon 2003 he is 92-2. These are incredible numbers. At which grand slam will this streak end? Also comment on the player whom he will likely to lose in this end.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Nalbandian will win the AO, Federer will win the FO and Wimbledon. The US Open we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Nadal will be no threat to Federer in 08.
I dunno. Yeah, he smoked him at Shanghai, but that wasn't played on clay. He should, at the very least, stop him in Paris again. He's given him decent matches on grass (a great one this year) and real trouble on hardcourts too. Indoor carpet has proven the only problem...

I would also love to see Nadal beat him at Wimbledon, but we'll have to wait and see...

Reactions: Mimi and Langers

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I so want to say Roddick at the US Open but can't do it sincerely...

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Roddick, anywhere? Don't me make snort my beer out of my nose.

Reactions: TMJordan

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I dunno. Yeah, he smoked him at Shanghai, but that wasn't played on clay. He should, at the very least, stop him in Paris again. He's given him decent matches on grass (a great one this year) and real trouble on hardcourts too. Indoor carpet has proven the only problem...

I would also love to see Nadal beat him at Wimbledon, but we'll have to wait and see...
They've never played on carpet. :shrug:

·
Registered
810 Posts
They've never played on carpet. :shrug:
my bad...indoor hardcourts...

...but I digress. I think, draw-permitting, Nalbandian will take him out at the Aussie. If he were on Fed's side, they'd meet in the R16, right?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I said Wimbledon, just because of what happened in '07, but I can't wait for 2008 Australian Open because of the way some of the guys were playing at the end of this season. I hope Roger has some serious competition.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
If FitDave can handle the heat, this might just be his AO. Is it really bad that I hope he's on Federer's side of the draw and not Nadal's??? :lol:

Around this time of year, people keep predicting the demise of Nadal on clay. If anything, I think he's gotten better on the dirt. I don't think Rafa's going to be a huge factor at the AO, on the other hand, its a mistake to ever count him out.

I say FitDave in Australia.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts