Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I have a question for statistics fans.

Not some time ago we read media reports that by defeating Monfils in Madrid,Federer claimed his 1200th win on the tour. If we add his further wins following this achievement, I come to the number of 1211 wins. However, according to this list, which seemed accurate to me in the past, Federer has 1215 wins.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Open_Era_men's_singles_tennis_players_by_career_match_wins

Does anyone have an explanation?

By the way, Jimmy Connors used to have 1256 wins and now he has 1274 wins..

·
Registered
346 Posts
The ATP retroactively added the 2017 and 2018 Laver Cup matches to their official statistics. Hence, Federer gained an additional 4 wins to his career total.

Regards,

-David

Hi guys.

I have a question for statistics fans.

Not some time ago we read media reports that by defeating Monfils in Madrid,Federer claimed his 1200th win on the tour. If we add his further wins following this achievement, I come to the number of 1211 wins. However, according to this list, which seemed accurate to me in the past, Federer has 1215 wins.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Open_Era_men's_singles_tennis_players_by_career_match_wins

Does anyone have an explanation?

By the way, Jimmy Connors used to have 1256 wins and now he has 1274 wins..

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
I don't really mind Laver Cup now being an official ATP event, but it's ridiculous that now in player's records, they are including wins/losses from the previous years' edition when it was just an exhibition event.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
With 1211, Fed has, for the first time in his career matched Connor's age and win totals. However, with the revised totals, Fed is still 20 wins behind.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Hopman Cup matches are included, right?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Oh I thought this would be a thread where we predict the final number of wins Roger ends up with. That would’ve been more fun.

I’m going with 1343

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I predicted 1150 quite some time ago. Glad to be proven wrong.

I still have him falling a bit short of the revised total, say 1265 or so. Assuming he retires next year.

·
Registered
346 Posts
JediFed, why do you think he is going to fall short next year? He is going to be at ~1,240+ career wins at the end of this year. You don't think he will win at least 35 matches next year? Barring an injury, I think he is almost a lock to exceed 1,274 wins next year.

Regards,

-David

I predicted 1150 quite some time ago. Glad to be proven wrong.

I still have him falling a bit short of the revised total, say 1265 or so. Assuming he retires next year.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
JediFed, why do you think he is going to fall short next year? He is going to be at ~1,240+ career wins at the end of this year. You don't think he will win at least 35 matches next year? ]]Barring an injury, I think he is almost a lock to exceed 1,274 wins next year.
I'm worried about him overplaying with his full clay season.

I have him winning 35 next year and getting to 1230 (not including the four laver cup wins) this season.

He's never been favored to break Connors' record. Adding another 20 wins just makes it harder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts