Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...it always contains the same threads that were here last week and the week before. It seems like the WTA is more interesting. It does have more, "shenanigans," but I don't mind. There's never anything 'new' with the men?!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Then why don't you contribute something either than your typical "I haven't been around in a few months and just want to let you all know what I think of the ATP" threads? Not to suggest that they aren't deeply fascinating, especially the third time or so that you pose the question...

Regardless, if you are that interested in making this forum more like WTAWorld, I dont' think that I'm alone when I say "piss off".

Quite frankly I'd rather discuss in the few threads that we have, as opposed to having 19023821 threads of total crap spouted out a day.

Very few threads on wtaworld are worth reading. Indeed, I feel that my IQ is lowered each and everytime that I go there. 95% of the posters have nothing intelligent to say whatsoever. They are there to boast about their "fave", talking about the "haters", discuss the latest fashion trends, ponder about "who is fat", and other such mindless topics that nobody who isn't a total drip wants to spend time thinking about.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
By the way Mrs Guga, if you would read the threads that are being discussed in, and the tournament forums, you would see that a LOT is going on with the ATP. I believe that we called them "Tournaments" and at these so called "tournaments" they have been playing something that we like to call "tennis".

And if that's not your thing, they are having major internal political problems that might keep you entertained, or you could check out one of the various amusing picture threads that have grown since your last visit.

Do you have any other astounding observations that you would like to share with us?

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
:eek: Dayum Rebecca. I would offer a chill pill but...*is scared*. *Runs away like a bunny*

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
1jackson2001-

It was harsh, but is there anything that I wrote that isn't true? Of course I did use my powers of exaggeration when describing WTAWorld, but for all intents and purposes I feel that I painted a very accurate picture.

I also don't like stupid questions, hence my bitchy reply.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Point taken. ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
The truth is, I'm feeling rather hostile because my bedtime was pushed back several hours thanks to some inconsiderate twat who lives beside me, who thinks that 1am is a great time to pump up his base.

However, as much as I find Mrs Guga's drippy threads to be as predictable as my next bowl movement, so are my snarky replies to them...

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Hi Mrs Guga! I see you lurking, and I can't help but wonder: what is here to lurk around for? Does anything happen in the ATP? no, really, does it?

All kidding aside, have I given you the response that you wanted? You got beaucoup d'attention (from me at least, more will trickle in over the next serveral hours), I mocked you out, I mocked myself out, AND I even brought up bowl movements.

Hell, if that isn't enough to make one happy, I don't know what is...

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
"Bowl movements"? What about them plate movements? ;)

The individuals living in the unit across from me has decided to karaoke to Britney Spears songs. When will it end you say? When the old lady who lives on the floor beneath us decides to answer with her usual broom response. Until then...oi vey.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't really post in GM because it seems like there is an unwritten law of what can and can't go here. I can post whatever I want. Nobody's stopping me. But someone said in a thread in GM something along the lines of, 'why did you post this here? It should be posted in blah blah blah forum.' This wasn't said in that Andy Roddick thread I made--it wasn't even said to me! But it turned me off so GM turns me off to post my own topics

I don't think the topics in WTAworld are all stupid. There are posters who make the environment there sour, but definitely not everyone does and definitely there is such a variety of threads. It's your power to turn a blind eye to whatever is not worth your time

I never posed the question why aren't ATPworld threads fascinating? I never posed a question besides "There's no news?" And if I did, I didn't do it 3 times. I think you are just confused with that thread I made about coming back to ATPworld and seeing the same thread 8 times, 'How much I hate Andy Roddick.' So where's my 'stupid question'?! I do think the threads are fascinating, like everything YS posts. They are very engaging topics

Just always the same stuff stays on GM. That's not a diss at anybody

Anyway, I guess it's because there aren't as many people here and that doesn't allow for as many new topics to circulate. I think this forum would be so much more fun if there were more people. It's just kinda dead sometimes. 'Tis all

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Well that's even more God awful then what I'm putting up with at the moment...

He seems to have ended his movie, but for some reason he was blaring the base so ridiculously loud that I swear I could feel it.

*sigh* Some people *shakes head*

One of these days I'm just going to go ape shit on him...sort of like what I do on here sometimes, but with nastier words, and evil faces :p

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rebecca said:
Hi Mrs Guga! I see you lurking, and I can't help but wonder: what is here to lurk around for? Does anything happen in the ATP? no, really, does it?

I was just answering your post.

Anyway, according to you, you were kidding?!

And why yes, :D you do have a fetish for answering my posts. :D

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Just always the same stuff stays on GM. That's not a diss at anybody

Anyway, I guess it's because there aren't as many people here and that doesn't allow for as many new topics to circulate. I think this forum would be so much more fun if there were more people. It's just kinda dead sometimes. 'Tis all

Many of the threads are the same, but it isn't as if people ahve continued to carry on discussion in them.

Obviously a smaller forum will have less threads then a forum that has 20 times as many active memers.

You feel "the more the merrier"... I feel that things are fine the way they are. We've had many interesting conversations on here, and without all the hassle and crap that comes along with a large forum.

Regardless, i'm feeling less hostile, and the bass seems to have died down. Off to bed I go....

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Anyway, according to you, you were kidding?!
Kidding, in the sense that I was amusing myself. Releasing some hostility in the form of written words, as opposed to gutting the guy two doors down from me :D

But hmmmm, I believe that I meant most of what I posted. I usually do mean everything I say, I just mess around with the tone of the posts...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think many of the threads are the same. The same threads just stay here for so long.

Well, I am glad you are feeling less hostile. This is shocking, especially when I am in the picture. But goodnight! I didn't know you sleep

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
You can always bring this place to life by posting your thoughts, if any, polls and questions.

Then, if you do not like the developments in your threads, you can always delete them, cannot you? :D

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
lol

I was the one suggesting to put the thread about cricket in non-tennis, cause it isn't about tennis. What's wrong with that?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Becca you should have ignored Mrs. Guga. you know by now that this is her typical attention-seeking style. you also know that what she says is simply not true so why even bother to reply? if she prefers the gazillion wtaworld threads with no discussion to the fewer atpworld threads with deeper levels of discussion, that is her choice.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts