• 2018-

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
This is a terrible poll. What is I wanted to vote for This years Wimbledon, or US Open?

I can't, the first option is for this years RG only, then the next one is for next year.

MTF should have a poll making tutorial video where rule #1 is you have to have options that are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Every final since 2005 featured Nadal besides 2009 :lol:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Incredible streak. I think it will end at this year's USO. Wawrinka vs. Berdych.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Also every slam final from start of 2010 has featured one of Nadal or Murray but never both of them together. Murray has made 6 while Nadal has made 11 of them.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
next year.

Wawrinka - Dimitrov would be an awesome one to break the spell with.. :)
It would be incredible, especially if it was at RG. The idea of those two playing in a big clay final, after years of Nadal-Federer or Nadal-Djokovic matches (with apologies to Soderling/Ferrer)...

I just don't see Dimitrov ever making that final push to challenge for majors, unfortunately. (Mind you, I would have said the same thing about Wawrinka too as recently as five months ago, so WTF do I know.)

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I just don't see Dimitrov ever making that final push to challenge for majors, unfortunately. (Mind you, I would have said the same thing about Wawrinka too as recently as five months ago, so WTF do I know.)
I don't know if I see it happening *soon*, but I've seen flashes of the fire necessary. That match against Nadal this year at the AO, for instance. Took the first set, and if he'd taken either the 2STB or the 3STB, who knows what might've happened? (Nadal still probably would've won, let's be real, but Dimitrov would've had a chance.) And then the match against Murray in Acapulco - okay, Murray's not 100%, but he's still a Big 4 guy, and Dimitrov was a set down and came back to win the 2nd and 3rd set TBs. Good nerves there. And obviously he beat Djokovic in Madrid last year (everybody remembers that match, if only for Novak's polite invitation to the crowd).

My point is, while it might be unlikely for Dimitrov to challenge for majors soon, it's by no means impossible. If he was to catch fire like Wawrinka did in Melbourne, and/or if the draw went his way, I could see him making a final or even winning it. And it could be sooner than we think... Wawrinka certainly was.

That said, I don't see it happening on clay. I'd look to the USO or AO, myself.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
As much as I hate to say, Rafa pathetic ATM, With Djoko injured(hopefully plays RG),Roger likely to miss RG for his child, this streak might just end at RG14.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Also every slam final from start of 2010 has featured one of Nadal or Murray but never both of them together. Murray has made 6 while Nadal has made 11 of them.
amazing stat

2010 .. murray(L) - nadal(W) - nadal(W) - nadal(W)
2011 .. murray(L) - nadal(W) - nadal(L) - nadal(L)
2012 .. nadal(L) - nadal(W) - murray(L) - murray(W)
2013 .. murray(L) - nadal(W) - murray(W) - nadal(W)
2014 .. nadal(L)

THe funny thing .. either nadal or murray have lost the Australian open the last 5 years.

17 finals in a row where played either nadal or murray, yet they didnt dispute a slam final..
Hope they face eachother in wimbledon 2014 :angel:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
amazing stat

2010 .. murray - nadal - nadal - nadal
2011 .. murray - nadal - nadal - nadal
2012 .. nadal - nadal - murray - murray
2013 .. murray - nadal - murray - nadal
2014 .. nadal

17 finals in a row where played either nadal or murray, yet they didnt dispute a slam final..
Hope they face eachother in wimbledon 2014 :angel:
Wow, you're right, that's quite something! Definitely isn't going to be a Murray-Nadal RG final, haha, but maybe Wimbledon, or USO...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts