Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...
I couldn't vote - only for Eurozone I suppose.
But there were about 900K votes cast and Novak Djokovic got about 880K...

To be accurate - the question was between Novak and Roger - and Novak got 98% of the votes!?

What the heck is going on? The world is turned up-side-down.
Link to twitter post:

Reactions: VyRa | esq.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The margin of victory is so large, it's kind of suspicious. Only dictators win 98% of the vote!
:)))) My thoughts exactly :)))))
Novak is turning the tennis world into a Totalitarian Nightmare.

I don't know - it's just soo funny. But it's official!?
This is a public vote - and I would bet $s that Roger will win...
Strange times we live in.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
y
We're entering dark, post-corona, pre-apocalyptic times...

:)))))) Yup... The signs are all over the place.
When Serbia wins the soccer world cup next year - I'll know it's Over. Kaput.
7th seal broken, 7th trumpet sounding...
And then... Peace on Earth.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
The day has come that even Fedtards (who are by far the majority in EU) voted for Djokovic. Is this the ultimate indication that the GOAT debate is over?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Because Djokovic IS the GOAT - finally people are starting to realize it!

I mean how on earth can Federer be better than Novak when he keeps chocking to him in the biggest moments on the biggest stages? Combine that with a losing record overall, in slams, and in finals, and it should be no surprise why Novak is the better player (plus he has better records/results on clay+hard).

Only thing Fed has over Novak is #1 weeks (which in my opinion should be officially broken by end of this year, even with an asterisk), and slam count which Novak will inevitably surpass, despite the huge slowdown this year (which would make it even more impressive).

And considering he came from almost nothing, he deserves every little bit of success the's achieved thus far. He's the TRUE GOAT and the biggest mental giant the game has ever seen.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Smart people. Many are now beginning to understand that Djokovic is Federer's superior.

Djokovic on age 33: 17 slams and 56 "Big Titles"
Federer on age 33: 17 slams and 44 "Big Titles"

Once we also factor strength of opposition, Djokovic blows Federer's achievements completely out of the water. It isn't even close.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a bit strange. I expected a bit more reactions to this news.
It is a big deal, after all - one million EU/UK people voted in a span of a couple of hours and declared Novak Djokovic the Greatest of All Time.
And with more than impressive margin too.
The poll is done by an official outlet, in an official manner, and the results are just a tad below earthshattering.
Novak Djokovic: 98%, Roger Federer: 2%.
Some 920K votes or so.
I was surprised, I admit - but it took me only few minutes to process it.
The "debate of all debates" - "who is the GOAT of tennis" seems to be a lot less of a debate than we thought!?
And the MTF is quiet. (!?)
I'm still trying to sort this out in my head.
The margin should be much, much smaller. And I'm pondering - what could be the reason that the UK/EU public (widely believed to be pro-Federer) switch their allegiance so abruptly and dramatically!?
My guess is - aside from recognizing Novak as a champion - EU/UK public acknowledged and appreciated Novak's behavior re COVID charity, trying to lead and help lower-ranked players, and his vocal sympathy for the anti-racist sentiment in the world today.
It's just a guess... I really have no confidence in it. But, I am glad that this happened.
And I'll celebrate. Congratulations Novak Djokovic.

Reactions: VyRa | esq.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
It might be that majority of the voters were teenagers and younger generation, and the last decade is what they had witnessed.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why Nadal was not in the poll? It should've been Fed vs Nadal vs Djokovic, which would've yielded much more interesting result.
I think Nadal was in the poll.
I think it was 8 players - Roger, Rafa, Novak, Sampras, Laver, etc.
Shitty thing is - I can't access the eurosport.co.uk to get the details - it's so strange that they have this Geo locked.

So - yes, there was 8 guys, Nadal among them - but I have no further details about it.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I think Nadal was in the poll.
I think it was 8 players - Roger, Rafa, Novak, Sampras, Laver, etc.
Shitty thing is - I can't access the eurosport.co.uk to get the details - it's so strange that they have this Geo locked.

So - yes, there was 8 guys, Nadal among them - but I have no further details about it.
You can install Tor browser and circumvent it.

As for the draw, Djokovic again had it the harder way ;) Nadal in the semi.

Hopefully this will not have any negative impact on Novak, in terms of motivation for the biggest tennis goals, but damn, I already see this voting all over the screens in an empty AA stadium.

Don't fall for it No1e, they don't love you that much !

1591332282273.png
----------- click on thumbnail for bigger image ---------------

copy/paste

" Djokovic has won 17 Grand Slam titles, three short of Roger Federer’s record haul.

But the 32-year-old leads their head-to-head, something that Pat Cash used as evidence when claiming Federer wasn’t "even the second greatest in his own era". Rafael Nadal also has the edge over Federer.

Not that Federer will be too concerned. We’re quite sure it takes more than this to ruffle a 20-time major winner…

The vote was held in conjunction with when Roland Garros should have been held, with the women’s vote kicking off on Thursday and running until Sunday. "

• Friday 05/06 - Women's Semi-finals
  • Saturday 06/06 - Women's Final
  • Sunday 07/06 - Women's result

·
Registered
284 Posts
It's a shame that bots ruined this poll, of course not everyone would have voted in the spirit of the poll but it would have been interesting to see a more realistic public opinion.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is a bit strange. I expected a bit more reactions to this news.
It is a big deal, after all - one million EU/UK people voted in a span of a couple of hours and declared Novak Djokovic the Greatest of All Time.
And with more than impressive margin too.
The poll is done by an official outlet, in an official manner, and the results are just a tad below earthshattering.
Novak Djokovic: 98%, Roger Federer: 2%.
Some 920K votes or so.
I was surprised, I admit - but it took me only few minutes to process it.
The "debate of all debates" - "who is the GOAT of tennis" seems to be a lot less of a debate than we thought!?
And the MTF is quiet. (!?)
I'm still trying to sort this out in my head.
The margin should be much, much smaller. And I'm pondering - what could be the reason that the UK/EU public (widely believed to be pro-Federer) switch their allegiance so abruptly and dramatically!?
My guess is - aside from recognizing Novak as a champion - EU/UK public acknowledged and appreciated Novak's behavior re COVID charity, trying to lead and help lower-ranked players, and his vocal sympathy for the anti-racist sentiment in the world today.
It's just a guess... I really have no confidence in it. But, I am glad that this happened.
And I'll celebrate. Congratulations Novak Djokovic.
View attachment 355336
I have no idea why you bothered to write up half an essay, I honestly don't know who would have won under normal circumstances (it most likely would have been close) but internet bots obviously messed up the poll.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts