1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
bandwagoners

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Gonzalez did not become the next Federer.
He was amazing last year.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sure. Tsonga wil save the World and cure us all.:devil:
Good Match for Tsonga and not so good Match for Youzhny.That's all.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
:yawn: There is one problem with those comments. We don't even know how Tsonga will back this tournament up yet.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
lol

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
The problem with those under-ranked guys who butcher through Rafa's side of the draw in the AO (assuming that's what going to happen tomorrow, Tsonga can still fade) and end up across the net from Roger in a slam final -

They end up losing and seem to forget all the good tennis they played to get to him.

Baggy 2006, Gonzo 2007. Tsonga would have to win this thing not to end up at the same place.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
The problem with those under-ranked guys who butcher through Rafa's side of the draw in the AO (assuming that's what going to happen tomorrow, Tsonga can still fade) and end up across the net from Roger in a slam final -

They end up losing and seem to forget all the good tennis they played to get to him.

Baggy 2006, Gonzo 2007. Tsonga would have to win this thing not to end up at the same place.
Johansson 2002?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TSONGA PLAYS A GAME THAT'S IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM THE REST OF THE PLAYING FIELD. I've been trying to hammer this home forever now.

HE PLAYS A TACTICAL GAME

He is not a ball basher. He doesnt commit errors anymore. He won the second set 6-0 because Youznhy jst didnt know what him. HE HAS BY FAR THE BEST FIRST AND SECOND SERVE ON THE GAME, because despite it not beeing as fast as roddick's there's so muuuuch spin and curve on it, add to it the fact he leans heavily into it, that opponents are bound to throw the ball out if they try to retrieve.

HE PLAYS WELL AND CONSISTENTLY, NOT ONLY WILL HE BEAT NADAL, HE'LL GIVE FED A RUN FOR HIS MONEY THAT'S FOR SURE.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
TSONGA PLAYS A GAME THAT'S IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM THE REST OF THE PLAYING FIELD. I've been trying to hammer this home forever now.

HE PLAYS A TACTICAL GAME

He is not a ball basher. He doesnt commit errors anymore. He won the second set 6-0 because Youznhy jst didnt know what him. HE HAS BY FAR THE BEST FIRST AND SECOND SERVE ON THE GAME, because despite it not beeing as fast as roddick's there's so muuuuch spin and curve on it, add to it the fact he leans heavily into it, that opponents are bound to throw the ball out if they try to retrieve.

HE PLAYS WELL AND CONSISTENTLY, NOT ONLY WILL HE BEAT NADAL, HE'LL GIVE FED A RUN FOR HIS MONEY THAT'S FOR SURE.
He doesn't play entirely differently from the rest of the field at all.

You really are having a good old fanwank aren't you.

He plays well, he does use some brain out there and he does get up to the net more than most but he's not doing anything substantially different than a lot of players.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
He's got a powerfull serve and forhand and can hit more or less all the shots, but... he seems to lack the edge to be compared with Federer. I don't think he has that something... maybe you can more compare him with Safin

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
He's got a powerfull serve and forhand and can hit more or less all the shots, but... he seems to lack the edge to be compared with Federer. I don't think he has that 'something'...

maybe you can more compare him with Safin

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's jst been hailed, and rightfully, as the next federer.

I cant believe his incredible performance today. I can't believe his amazing style of play, so different from federer's still so skilful and talented, no ball bashing, jst well timed heavy shots, perfect touch at the dropshop, and a wonder at the net - and the baseline. That guy HAS IT ALL!!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts