Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They will have 10 one-hour-episodes ! :bounce: Starting today at 1 pm CET with these matches:

1996 final - Boris Becker def. Michael Chang 6-2 6-4 2-6 6-2 :bounce:

Please, those who hate or dislike Becker - give it a chance and watch this match. I think this was the best he ever played. Back then, Chang was an absolute top-player - and Boris dominated him in every department.
And I hope they show some parts of his speech - it was hilarious. :)

2002 final - Thomas Johansson def. Marat Safin 3-6 6-4 6-4 7-6 :rolleyes:

How they can call this a classic is beyond me. It was probably one of the worst finals ever. Marat looking as if he partied the whole night with these blondes and Thomas just doing his routine stuff which normally shouldn't have been enough to win a GS.
I hope they will also show some older ones the following days.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
that's riduculous that they call safin vs johanssohn's match legendary!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Agree that Marat vs Johansson was a poor match.

The entourage of blondes, though, has become a true legend, that's why they included it into the show :D

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Safin-Johansson might be legendary cause it marked the 1st surprise GS champion of 2002
I haven't seen that final so I'm curious

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread earlier. Would have loved to re-see Boris beating Michael! Always liked Becker & for a while liked Chang, but slowly came to realize his lack of personality and his total lack of a sense of humour. No wonder we've never heard of a girlfreind. Isn't the 1st thing all we females ask of in a partner a sense of humour?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts