Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
41,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2011 Men's European Volleyball Championship will be the 27th edition of the European Volleyball Championship, will be hosted in Austria and Czech Republic from September 10 to September 18, 2011.

Group A

Austria
Serbia
Slovenia
Turkey

Group B

Czech Republic
Russia
Portugal
Estonia

Group C

Italy
France
Finland
Belgium

Group D

Poland
Bulgaria
Slovakia
Germany

Hope that we can reach final :dog:
What are you expectations for this tournament?

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Semi-final, I don't expect more.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Two of my fave players (Vermiglio and Mastrangelo) are going to play in here, so I think I'm gonna root for Italy, gotta wait and see whether Zaytsev reaches his full potential and gets to be as good as his dad was.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Two of my fave players (Vermiglio and Mastrangelo) are going to play in here, so I think I'm gonna root for Italy, gotta wait and see whether Zaytsev reaches his full potential and gets to be as good as his dad was.
Gigi :hearts: I absolutely adore him! Simone Parodi is also back in the team. I hope Zaytsev injury is in the past so we can see his powerful serves :worship:. Italy will fight for the title! I hope we play them in the semies :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
apparantly Italy is winning this European Championship :haha:
damn, they are training so hard :worship:

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Gigi :hearts: I absolutely adore him! Simone Parodi is also back in the team. I hope Zaytsev injury is in the past so we can see his powerful serves :worship:. Italy will fight for the title! I hope we play them in the semies :D
Gigi is beyond awesome :hearts:
Parodi is back after the great season he had last year, specially at the Scudetto final.
Francesco Fortunato is on as well?

·
41,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally the tournament will start tomorrow

Group A

Slovenia - Austria
Serbia - Turkey

Group B

Russia - Estonia
Czech - Portugal

Group C

France - Finland
Belgium - Italy

Group D

Bulgaria - Slovakia
Germany - Poland

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Good luck... but the only volleyball I like is the beach volleyball with the bikini babes.
Oh come on :lol:. That's a totally different game with maybe 1% of the tactical nuances and sporting entertainment that real volleyball has.

Hope Finland will do well :yeah:. We've really improved volleyball here, it's probably our best team-sport on an international level (unless you count mickey mouse sports like ice-hockey).

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
France beat Finland in four sets. Good start.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
:sad:

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Russia is the great favorite to win the title.

Bulgaria, Italy and Serbia have chances but probably only Italy can win of Russia on the tournament.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Absolutely disgraceful performance from Poland, being outplayed by a team they used to own is just sad to watch.
It's a shadow of the team what won the Championships in 2009.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I am sorry but Poland lost last year at WCH to Bulgaria 3-0 and won this year at WL 3-2. That's hardly own? Besides in volleyball everything changes very quickly and 2 years latter the whole team might be different.
Belgium won over France and Germany losing to Slovakia was a real surprise.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Italy-France has the potential of being an absolute cracker and it will decide the first one of the group.

Austria and Estonia getting PWNED as predicted :eek:

Mastrangelo has played good in the first matches, Savani as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts