Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first time I heard about the start of the European Games in Baku. Had to google it first. Some kind of Olympia for european athletes. mainstream media don't report about it. And it seems there are hardly any top-athletes

Did you hear about it? What are your thoughts? good thing or just useless

·
Registered
26,103 Posts
Somehow I didn't hear about it. I probably should have read about it at some point, because the German top players are there in table tennis, but can't remember it.

Baku was the only city interested in hosting it, so that's not a great start I guess. Don't think it's useful. You already have the Olympics, WC and European Championships in most of those sports.

The World Games are something that makes more sense, but they don't get coverage either.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
dont know what was the point of these games TBH
good that tennis is not on the list of events being held there

Kosovo is participating for the first time in a big multisportive event

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
not being in Europe doesn't help

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
What? :shrug:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
This is clearly indented. Not an accident. Poor girls. Thankfully no one died.

Disgrace of a driver and sporting event.

Everyone in their right mind should withdraw from it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well i heard about it long time ago. And i thought it was a chance for tier-2 sports like wrestling for example to shine, considering the whole removing from the olympic sports thing and then adding it again.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Yes, looking forward to many events..

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
This is clearly indented. Not an accident. Poor girls. Thankfully no one died.

Disgrace of a driver and sporting event.

Everyone in their right mind should withdraw from it.
You are wrong.
....Now, this is clearly indented.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
it's a great initiative and a solid field, there are tens of world champs and Olympic champs in the games, so it's a genuine competition.

We know about it long time, as we have many athletes particiipating and we're following them.

I think this is an awesome idea, it gives less popular and less paid sports the possibility to have one more important competition, so i'm all for.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^also think it's a good idea. Especially when Pan-Am, Asian and All-Africa games are running since forever so it's just logical to create European version...

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
i was actually surprised our best MTB rider got a bronze medal, she's very good so apparently MTB event had to be strong if she went there and didn't win

i don't think we have coverage (?) but it's in the sports news

kinda sucks this doesn't have tennis, i remember how Puig was happy for winning gold for Puerto Rico at PanAm, beating all these unranked Guatemala girls

1 - 20 of 21 Posts