Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not many leagues started yet so no need to open separate threads for the various leagues yet.

Getting on this early:

Dutch Super Cup

Ajax v PSV under 2,5 goals @ 2.20 (Centrebet)

PSV without their whole attacking line (Lazovic suspended, Koné recovering from being sick, Farfan and Perez injured). Ajax are definitely without Sneijder and Huntelaar is doubtful, they don't want to take any risk with Huntelaar given their CL quali match on Wednesday (I do think he will play though, but not a whole match).

B

·
0 Posts
EPL starts tomorrow :yeah:

Could someone fo me a favour and tell me what the Spurs stats are on opening days of a season for the past few years? I seem to recall they generally get off to good starts...

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Bad Gambler be wary

Sunderland are under new management.

Roy Keane has done wonders and looks like he will follow in the footsteps of Sir Alex Ferguson of Man U.

Sunderland will have a packed out stadium of light (40 thousand).

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
EPL starts tomorrow :yeah:

Could someone fo me a favour and tell me what the Spurs stats are on opening days of a season for the past few years? I seem to recall they generally get off to good starts...
They lost 2-0 at Bolton last season and won 2-0 at Portsmouth the season before and 1-1 at home to Liverpool in 2004.

I think they should have too much for Sunderland but promoted teams are at their most dangerous at the start of the season when confidence is still high from the following season.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Portsmouth look a good bet @ 2.44 to beat Derby. Portsmouth have strengthened in positions where they were weak last season. They have bought a good central midfielder in Muntari and a striker in David Nugent. They've also bought Distin who IMO should form one of the best defensive partnerships in the EPL along with Sol Campbell.

Derby haven't really strengthened as much as the two other promoted teams and I expect them to go straight back down again as they haven't got the quality to stay up, very much like Watford last season who also went up via the play offs.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Liverpool also look good at 5/6

Simple to strong and have been very impressive in pre-season.
They could have done with buying a natural goalscorer though. Neither Voronin, Torres or Babel fit that profile imo.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Villa are a tough nut to crack at Villa park. Martin O'Neill is building a hungry young team there. I wouldn't want to be taking Liverpool at odds on, away from home against most teams tbh.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have seen him a lot as well mate. The stats are backing me up here and don't forget most of his goals came from the penalty spot (and I've seen him missing a few as well).

·
Registered
408 Posts
All plays between 1-5 units this season. Main focus will be the Premier League.

Some futures to start.

Spurs to win premierhip (W/O "Big 4") - (+135)(3)

Chelsea to place (top 2) in the EPL - (-165) (5)

Kuyt Top Liverpool scorer (EPL only) - (+200) (1)

Crouch Top Liverpool scorer (EPL only) (+500) (1)

Sunderland over Reading - (-115) (2)

GL fellas going to pass on this weekend's action just want to watch.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts