Croatia
Players have yet to be
assigned to this squad.

Italy
Players have yet to be
assigned to this squad.

Croatia leads head-to-head 1-0

last meeting:
2001, WG qualifications, Italy 2-3 Croatia (Rome, Italy)

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
It should be Ivo, Marin, Mario and Lovro

·
Tênis Mambembe
36,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Croatia
Ivo Karlovic
Marin Cilic
Mario Ancic
Roko Karanusic
Captain: Goran Prpic

Italy
tbc

·
Tênis Mambembe
36,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ITALY
Potito Starace
Andreas Seppi
Filippo Volandri
Simone Bolelli
Captain: Corrado Barazzutti

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
location?

Cilic - Ancic for singles?

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
They'll play in Dubrovnik.

A bit stupid Zovko is not playing since Roko is not going to get a chance to play anyway.

I expect Seppi and Bolelli to play singles for Italy.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Roko is doing good job at St.Brieuc challenger these days, looks like he's in form at the moment so I guess he is logical solution for a 4th player. You never know who could get a chance.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hopefully Mario and Marin play singles!
It would be cool though to see Karlovic play, maybe first match instead of Marin!
Even though he's Croatian number one, he still can lose against anyone on his bad day! I just don't think he's very relyable! :p

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Roko is doing good job at St.Brieuc challenger these days, looks like he's in form at the moment so I guess he is logical solution for a 4th player. You never know who could get a chance.
St.Brieuc is on clay, but anyway, I agree Roko is in good form but he's our 4th player and not a doubles player, so he surely won't get a chance to play, and Zovko would be great partnering Ivo in doubles. I'm pretty sure they'd easily win against whoever plays for Italy.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Hopefully Mario and Marin play singles!
It would be cool though to see Karlovic play, maybe first match instead of Marin!
Even though he's Croatian number one, he still can lose against anyone on his bad day! I just don't think he's very relyable! :p
I believe Ivo will still play instead of Marin. Ivo has more experience and Marin is sill less reliable than Ivo IMO.
First day I expect to see Ivo-Bolelli and Mario-Seppi. Great matches. Ivo-Bolelli a possible 5setter, Simone can really play good. Mario-Seppi could also be a tough match but I guess Mario should win. Can't wait :D

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Hope you're right :)

I just realized I won't be able to see any of Friday's matches because I'm in school for the whole afternoon. Back home at 7pm :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anything but a 3:0 victory (I`m not counting "dead" matches) would surprise me, but I really am not that interested in DC wright now, just hope to see Mario healthy and playing every major event. With a great Wimbledon tourney (semifinal with a decent draw), he can still put a great shot at making the Masters Cup come the end of the year. If anyone deserves it, it`s him. I want even say good luck to our team because I really think they don`t need it at the moment. It`s Italy indoors:rolleyes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yesterday I red on croatian TV TXT that Roko is injured again, so Ivan Cerović takes his place as no.4 . It's quite a surprise to me, because - as somebody said before - Zovko/karlović making a quite good couple, especially on hard indoors. Looks like Prpić is so confident in first two players and sees no need to strenghten his doubles position. If Mario - the obvious no.1 now- is ready and healthy, I believe Prpić's right.:cool::)

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Anything but a 3:0 victory (I`m not counting "dead" matches) would surprise me, but I really am not that interested in DC wright now, just hope to see Mario healthy and playing every major event. With a great Wimbledon tourney (semifinal with a decent draw), he can still put a great shot at making the Masters Cup come the end of the year. If anyone deserves it, it`s him. I want even say good luck to our team because I really think they don`t need it at the moment. It`s Italy indoors:rolleyes:
Seppi can surely play indoors. I don't think it will be 3-0

Yesterday I red on croatian TV TXT that Roko is injured again, so Ivan Cerović takes his place as no.4 . It's quite a surprise to me, because - as somebody said before - Zovko/karlović making a quite good couple, especially on hard indoors. Looks like Prpić is so confident in first two players and sees no need to strenghten his doubles position. If Mario - the obvious no.1 now- is ready and healthy, I believe Prpić's right.:cool::)
I said that. This way I really don't know who'll play doubles. Ancic/Cilic maybe but I don't trust Cilic in doubles. I don't know how would it end up if Ancic/Karlovic would play because Ivo was mad at Ivan and Mario because they didn't want to share the money. Cerovic won't get a chance so it's really stupid Zovko is not invited.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts