Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portugal team anounced: João Sousa, Gastão Elias, Rui Machado and Frederico Silva. João Domingues as sub.
Expected.
Expecting a Nieminen motivated to find more positive moments than the last few months on tour...
Still, with the outdoor clay and croud support i´ll give 60% for Portugal...

Any news from the finn squad?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Portugal team anounced: João Sousa, Gastão Elias, Rui Machado and Frederico Silva. João Domingues as sub.
Expected.
Expecting a Nieminen motivated to find more positive moments than the last few months on tour...
Still, with the outdoor clay and croud support i´ll give 60% for Portugal...

Any news from the finn squad?
60/70% that Portugal wins, only Nieminen is really a thread..

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
M.Kontinen had a wrist surgery and hasn't played since three months. Don't know if he's ready. That would make 2 singles like walkovers for Portugal, but we can still get a decider between Jarkko and Sousa.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Friday: J.Sousa v. H.Sillampaa, followed by J. Nieminen v. R.Machado. Elias only choosed for doubles. Portugal opted for experience, considering also a bad lose-win ratio of Elias in DC. For me Sousa must win Nieminen to Portugal win the tie.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Vamos! :clap2:

·
Registered
68,140 Posts
1-1 yesterday

nieminen and joao sousa won their matches

without micke, finland HAS TO win doubles match....

·
Registered
893 Posts
2-1 :worship:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I must admit that Jarkko is a classy guy. After beating Rui he said some nice words about Rui and after losing the doubles yesterday he said some nice words about the Portuguese crowd. He gained my respect, too bad for him that he will lose again today...

·
Registered
68,140 Posts
suomi :facepalm: without micke, no chance because jarkko is playing like shit and we only have one decent player for singles...

·
Registered
68,140 Posts
with micke this could ve been a very different story...oh well. portugal deserved winning this time

·
Registered
893 Posts
Portugal smashed Finland and Morocco, next!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts